Chapter 16

Valerie's POV

I wake up to Lauren getting her bag and heading out of the dorm room, she didn't even say goodbye. Wow. I get up and go to the bathroom to freshen up. When I leave the bathroom there's a knock at the door. Lauren must have forgotten something. I open the door, and right away I'm pulled against a body by long arms. I feel safe, and its familiar to me. I know its him, I don't have to look up.

The way his hands were positioned, left hand above right. His smell. The intense sent of vanilla. His warmth. "I'll miss you.." He whispers, his voice deep. I can't help but smile. "I'll miss you too." I say. I look up at him. "Are you nervous to meet her parents?" I ask. He shrugs. "Yeah. Being that I have no type of feelings for her." I found myself frowning, slowly looking away from him.

"Aye." He whispers, pulling my chin to look at him. "What's wrong?" He asks. "W-.. What if you gain.." I couldn't find myself to ask. But I figured that he knew where I was going with this. "Valerie.." His thumb running over my bottom lip.  "What if this trip changes how you see her? And you grow feelings for her? And-". "Baby.. Please." My heart stops to him calling me baby.

He presses his forehead against mine, his big hands caressing my face, "I promise I'll come back to you the same, and I won't feel any different about Lauren." I knew he wouldn't lie to me. "I promise.." He whispers. His words making my heart flutter. His minty breath brushing my cheek. My hands gripping his shirt, pulling a bit. I'm about to take things into my own hands and kiss him, but he pulls away.

A smirk pulling on the corner of his lip. "You'll get your kiss when I come back." He says. My bottom lip flares out in a pout. He chuckles lightly, "I'll see you when I come back." He says. I nod. "Okay." He brushes my hair behind my ear, "I gotta go.. Bye." I set my hand on his. "Bye." And within seconds, he was gone. I hated it. I wish he can stay with me.

"Wow. Cute couple." I jump to a voice. "Robert.." I bite my lip. "So.. You trying to be like Lauren now?" He asks as he walks up to me. "How would Lauren feel to know how he really feels about her?" My eyebrows knit. "She's going to find out sooner or later. Don't ruin this Robert." He smiles. "I won't." I can see his chest flexing in his shirt. "But he will." He says. "What?" I ask.

"There's things you don't know about Lauren. That maybe this Taehyung guy, might feel the need to be with her. The real Lauren." I'm confused. "I don't understand.. And I told you to stay away from me. You must be deaf as hell." He stands up from leaning against the wall. "Don't be surprised when he comes back different." He turns to leave the dorm. "And what a shame too.. He lost out on the best girl.. You." Was the last thing he said before leaving me with an exploded mind. 

Why would he say that? Was there something about her that nobody knew? And why would he think Taehyung would fall for it? "Val. You okay? I saw that." I turn. "Y-.. I don't know. I can't quite process why he said that about Lauren.." I was completely confused. "Hey. Sam and I are going to the mall, I'm sure Sam would love it if you came. " he smiles. I grin. "You're so sweet.. But I don't think I should interfere with your relationship." I confess.

He chuckles. "Oh please. Come on. I'd rather have you go then stay here and over think things." I roll my eyes. "You sound like Sam." He smiles. "Come on Val. I know you want to go." He pokes his elbow into my arm. "Ivan I-". "I'll buy you a soft pretzel.", "Deal!" I run into my dorm and put on shoes, grabbing my purse. I lock the room and we walk out of the building together.

"Val!!?" Before I can turn my head a body crashes into mine. "Sam." I smile. "You're coming with us?" She asks. I nod. "Ivan invited me." I shrug. She turns to Ivan. "You're so sweet." She squishes his cheeks with her small hand, making him look like a fish. The way his eyes looked at her face. She ropes her arm around my shoulder. "Lets go friend. I'm happy you decided to come." And we walk towards Ivan's car.