Chapter 5

Val's POV

I look down at my plate. "Is it really bothering you that bad?" He asks. I nod. "I thought that I was her best friend and that she'd tell me everything.. But I guess not.", "Look." I slowly raise my gaze to his dazzling eyes. "Like I said. She'll either tell you or you'll find out sooner or later." I nod because he's right. "You shouldn't be all bummed out because of something she's doing." He says. "You're here with me." My heart stops at his words, the way he said it.

He blushes. "I didn't mean it in that way I meant it like..","No.." I stop him before he goes blabbing on about how he's sorry. "Its okay.. You're right. I'm here with you. I shouldn't be worrying about anything." I nod my head. "You couldn't be more right." I smile. He returns the smile.

"So. Tae. I'm pretty sure a guy like you would have a girlfriend." Wait what!!? Why would I care!? I feel my face heat up in embarrassment. I see his face go red. "Uhm.." He clears his throat. "Actually.. I've never really.. Had a girlfriend." He shrugs. Excuse me? Did this cute beast just say he's never had a girlfriend? I shake my head in disbelief.

"Wait what?" I ask. He looks away from me, his hand rubbing the back of his neck. "I... I've never had a girlfriend." He says. "That's so cute." I smile. He looks at me right away, his peachy cheeks of red. "How is it cute? I'd think that its embarrassing because I'm already 32 and I've never had a girlfriend." He looks like he's upset, I've put this upon him and I hate myself for it.

"No.. Don't be Tae. Its not embarrassing.. You want to know why?" I ask. Right away he looks at me and nods. His eyes filled with wonder. "Its not embarrassing because whom ever is your first girlfriend, they'll feel special. And I'm sure it'll be your first time for everything right?" I ask. He nods. "All but kissing." He says with a nod. I smile. "That girl I promise, she'll think its cute. And she'll feel special for being your first."

His face looks like its become only hotter with the heat rising in his cheeks. "So this Robert guy.." He starts. I knew this would come up, but I'm not mad about it. "He's my ex boyfriend.. We broke up three years ago.." I start. "Oh.. And ever since then?" My eyebrows raise. "I haven't dated since.. Because I'm.. Scared.." I confess, the first time I'm confessing it. Its quiet, the silence made it worse. "He hurt you.. Didn't he?" He breaks the painful silence. I can't look at him. "Not physically." I say. I slowly meet his eyes. "He cheated on me with a girl at his college." I say.

He looks mad. "What kind of idiot would cheat on a girl like you?" His words surprise me. My eyebrows go up, I feel my heart pounding in my chest. "I mean.. I've never been in a relationship.. But I know damn right that if you're with someone its to love them not cheat on them." He shakes his head. "From all the stuff you told me about yourself, you're a really nice person. I don't know what jack ass would cheat on you." He says.

I stare at him for a while, wondering what to say. "Thanks Tae." I smile shyly. He nods and looks down at his finished plate. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything." He says. I shake my head and chuckle. "No.. You didn't I swear." I smile a bit, remembering what he said.

**

"This is crazy!" He smiles looking at all the Elvis Presley items. I smile. "You like Elvis?" I ask. "Have you heard wise man?" He asks. Of course I knew that song. "Sing it to me." I smile. He smiles back.

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you."