Chapter 3

I wake up and remember I'm in Laurens bed, but she's not there. I sit up and look around, I almost choke when I notice Tae still in my bed. I stand up and stretch, I notice a note on my desk.

Val,
You better talk to him. Cause you know I'd get at that. He's hot okay!? You better! :) make good choices. I'll see you later.
                                ~ Lauren

I stare at the note for a while, maybe hoping that I didn't just read that. "Cause you know I'd get at that." The pit of my stomach begins to hurt. "Ugh.. My.. Head.." I hear a deep groggy voice. It sounded pretty hot actually. I walk over to him. "Good morning sleeping beauty." I mentally scold myself with the stupid entrance I started myself off with. That's how I wake up Lauren for crying out loud. His dark tired eyes look into mine as he smiles.

"Good morning." He says. I just stand there for some reason, staring at him. But he doesn't seem to mind as he just stares back. I can hear my heart pounding in my ears, its kind of giving me a head ache. I finally look away. "How's your hand doing?" I ask as I kneel down in front of him.

"I'll live." He chuckles. I look up at him, his eyes staring into mine. My heart stopping, my hands become clammy. "Well.. L-Lets see if its doing fine." I scold myself for stuttering. I unwrap his hand, slowly. The stitches were still intact and looked great. I give myself a mental pat on the back. "Oh hey. It looks great. I think you're clear to go Mr. Kim." He sits up on my bed and chuckles.

"Thank you doctor." He says with a rectangular smile that makes my heart skip a beat. I stand up right. "You can keep this if you want.. To keep the stitches clean. Would you like me to wrap it for you?" He nods his head. I gladly rewrap his hand, my skin lightly touching his. I feel his gaze burn into my skin. "Thank you.." I whisper as I continue to look down at his hand. "You don't have to thank me.." He says. I finish off the wrap and look up at him.

"If it weren't for you.. I would've been.." I stop my words, not wanting to finish it. He places his hand on mine. "If it were my little sister, God forbid.. I would have done the same. So there's no need to thank me. Its just my nature." He says, his grip softening over mine.

Why do I feel this way? Maybe it was his heroic act that made me become so attracted to him, other than his looks. Do I like him? I'm cut away from my thoughts.

"Val?" He calls to me. I blink and nod. "Yes?" I ask. He grins. "You haven't eaten have you?" He asks. I think for a while.. "No.. I haven't.." I say. He nods. "Okay. Let's go to the buffet and eat." He suggests, a cute look on his face. "Okay." I say simply. He gets off my bed and stretches. He looks back at me. "Okay let's go." He says grabbing onto my hand and dragging me out of my dorm, I don't even have a chance to change out of my pajamas.

**

"Do you have classes today?" He asks me. I shake my head, "No. Do you?" I ask. He takes a bite of his pancake. "No. Today's my break, tomorrow is when I have all my classes." He says. I nod. "Same." He smiles. "I know you're going to think I'm crazy.. But.. Even though I've been here for more than three years.. I really haven't seen Los Angeles, or Hollywood." He says blushing a bit. "Really?" I almost choke on my bacon. "We should go! I'm so down to show you places!" I screech. He smiles. "Yes. Show me." He nods.

"So will you allow me to change out of my pajamas so I don't look like I'm on crack?" I ask. He laughs. "Yeah. Sure." I smile. "So what do you want to really see?" I ask. He looks up at the ceiling and thinks. "Hollywood." He nods and looks back down at me. "Okay. Will do." I looks down at my plate, him staring at me like that makes me feel nervous. "Is it true you can walk on stars? I remember hearing about it some where." He says. I smile and look back up at him. "I guess you'll just have to see."