Chapter 7

Valerie's POV

I found myself feeling anxious as I sat on my bed as I waited for Lauren to arrive. I needed to know why she kissed Taehyung, when she knows I like him, that I had gone out with him. I mean she didn't know that we had shared a kiss on the Hollywood Hill at sunset. But she knew I liked him. And I wanted to know if Robert was behind. I hear the door knob fiddling.

I shoot off the bed and wait for her to walk in. The door opens and she catches a glimpse of me and is about to turn to leave the room, but I run up to her and grabbed her arm, "No Lauren. You're not going anywhere, I need answers." She doesn't look at me. Her eyes still out to the hall of our dorm duplex. "Lauren." I call.

"I don't know why you're doing this Val. I'd never lie to you. Never." She says finally looking at me. She starts walking into the room and I lock the door behind her as she walks over to her bed. I lean against the door, not giving her the chance to leave the room. "Taehyung told me you threw yourself on him." I say right away. She just sits there and looks at me.

"He's a liar." She says simply. My eyebrows knit. "He's a player Valerie. I thought you knew. I've heard about him, but I was sure you wouldn't listen to me." She says. Things weren't adding up. "But he told me-","Valerie! Who are you going to believe? Me? Your best friend? Or some guy you met at the buffet?"

But I liked him, a lot. And I was now more confused more than ever. As she told me all this she didn't stutter, she didn't hesitate with her words. It was as if she was telling the truth, but I had a gut feeling that something was completely off. And to make sure she wasn't lying I knew what I had to bring up.

"So. Tell me. Who was that guy you were talking to on the phone yesterday?" I ask. I see her shutter, and I knew I had her. I knew she was lying to me. "Why does it matter? My love life doesn't involve you." She says coldly. My eyebrows knit. "And I broke up with him today anyways." She adds. I jump to a question. "So if you broke up with him, it shouldn't matter if you tell me his name at least?" I ask.

I got her in a trap. I had her by the hook, all I needed to do was wheel her in. She bites her lip. "I don't want to talk about Val. I'm still in a vulnerable position." She says. I know she's a good liar, but I was seeing right through her. "You're lying." I say. She looks pissed. "Okay. So just because Taehyung kissed me, you're trying to pull me down because you're jealous."

My jaw drops. "Jealous?" I throw my head back and laugh. "Of you!?" I laugh even harder. "Why would I be jealous about the whore on campus?" Slips out and I smack my hand over my mouth. She looks at me in shock. "At least I'm not a Virgin no one wants to touch. Not even Taehyung wants to touch you." I don't take back what I said. "The only reason everyone wants to touch you is because they all know you're easy."

She stands up. "I am not!" She screams. "Yes you are!!" I scream back. "This is why no one likes you! Not even Tae!" She yells. I catch my breath. "How come you care about Taehyung all of a sudden? Do you like him?" I ask. Her eyebrows go up. "He's a very attractive boy, Val. How can I not? I'd give him a good time in seconds if he'd just ask." My eyebrows knit. "A good.. Time?" I ask, unsure of what she was talking about. She chuckles. "See. You virgins don't know what that means. It means I'd do anything for him... Sex wise."

My jaw drops. "See. Exactly why everyone thinks you're easy." I say. She looks pissed. "Stop saying that!" Her face growing red. "Why am I going to stop when it's true?" I ask. She rolls her eyes. "What ever."  I frown. "What happened to us? We used to be so close. Not keeping secrets, or talking like this." I say. "People change Val. You couldn't have expected to stay friends forever." She says laying back in her bed, looking up at the ceiling.

I just stood there, a bit dumbstruck. I turn and unlock the door, I don't look back. I'm about to leave the room when I hear her laugh behind me. I proceed outside and I close the door. I lean against the wall. Thinking. "You okay?" He asks. I look up and smile. "You still want to talk to me?" I ask. He shrugs and nods. "Cause I have something I want to tell you. Just not here." He says looking at my dorm room door.