Dead Bitch

-Unedited-

Third Person POV

Damien's Personal Villa

Amalfi Coast, Italy

Present Day

Aimless is never a direction....or a set forth pathway. It rather just presents itself because you don't have a clue to where you're going. It's as if you need someone to guide you but yet you leave that up to fate. Some people would peg fate as a divine providence whilst many tag it as a nemesis. Unfair....

Nothing holy about it once fate isn't in your favor.

All you've done is to stay true to your deity but everything keeps backfiring...nothing to your likening....even after your sacrifices. After all the pain you've endured.

Angelina stifled her silent hysterical laughter once she hit base.

Base as in a wall....a brick wall......full of thorns and vicious shadows, prepared to devour her.

She stilled for seconds....and those seconds turned into minutes.

Soon enough, voices morphed into silence.

She was drained and yet this is how she was repaid...all in exchange for her freedom...her life....for someone that didn't care an ounce in return.

Should she flee the scene....?

Hampton's words drowned her ears, in memory from earlier today. Moments after she jumped off a skyscraper, flung through the air by a ladder, and had bullets rain on her, almost killed.

Sweetheart....Things don't really seem to be as their true self; their true nature.....Put yourself first for once...survive.

Indeed.

Things aren't always what they seem.

"Terror and pain are not the best levers; deception when it works, is the most elegant and the least expensive manipulations of all." Angelina murmured, reciting Vernor Vinge's mere words she'd once read for granted.

It's all about choices.

You've chosen the wrong one.

You played yourself buttercup.

Why choose her over yourself?

She choked, her knees wobbling.

Even Damien had warned her.

Selflessness burdens a price once taken advantage of.

What would her mother say about her if she saw her own daughter walk away, retreating, wounded, without a voice? Her step-sister Aileen would laugh at her, call her pathetic, a dog -

Her head replayed seconds ago.

The scene contained two players.

One male. The other female.

Luca.

Sarah.

The basement.

"You better have not touched her."

"I can't say I didn't."

Angelina gulped, forcing herself to rewind and not remember her conversation with Luca but rather the current one.

Sarah's high pitched voice.

"What do you say about my acting skills? You think I should try Hollywood one more time?"