Sweet and Bitter | Part One

Chapter Dedication: artemis1087   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Unedited-

Previously..... in The Mafia on 6th Street (Recap)

Grabbing her keys, I feel my heart accelerate when I begin walking through the dark hallway, very slowly to pass the five minutes wait.

Was he here? Was he waiting for me, ready to kill me in his terrorizing fantasies? The only thing I attempted robbing was an X-Acto knife and hid it in my bra. It was for safety purposes in case I got assaulted or harmed.

Step by step, I cautiously made my way. I needed to slow down; I was walking at an incredible pace. I stopped in my tracks when I heard a shuffling noise. I peered out of the window to my left, witnessing the track of obsidian Rolls-Royces parking in the long circular looped driveway. A man steps out and my eyes squint trying to make out who he was.

Oh my God....

Was that a gun I saw sticking out from his front pocket?

I was an idiot to stand at the windowsill. A moron by heart, when I felt two hands behind me grasp my waist; a hand muffled onto my mouth pulling me to a dark ominous room.

This was too familiar as if I was expecting this to happen, wanting it to finally occur.

My back hits the warm muscular body behind me as he secured me in his arms. I don't dare try to struggle knowing that my fate had been written in this matter.

I waited ten seconds until he loosened his grip around me and twirled me around.

Then I heard the twenty-two words I had been dreading to hear after he chuckled and my heart clenched in a dreadful consternation.

"Did you think that I was that stupid to not notice who you were, determined that those contacts would do the trick?"

But only who knew that I was capable of writing my fate right after the second he spoke.

Nothing, but with the blade in my own hand.

~~~~~~~~~

Angelina's POV
Parga, Greece
Swansea Manor
Present Time

He stilled the moment I drove the X-Acto knife into his lower abdominal, his hands shaking violently around my waist. He groaned in pain as he slumped onto the ground, causing me to fall onto him.

Retracting the knife, I aim to stab him again, relentlessly. I was not going to be merciful; this was my chance to destroy him.

"A-Arian-na," I suddenly heard him whisper and I freeze in a churning dark reality, my heart thumping loudly in my ears. That's when my hand covered my mouth as a scream emptied out from my mouth. The moonlight revealed everything; the blood. The flesh...the gore....what had I done?

You had stabbed him three times...

The moonlight also revealed my captor; Damien Giovanni....

How imbecile can I get? I had one damn fucking task, and I screwed up .

"D-Donavon?" I cried out, finding his face in my hands.