The Future's Past |Part 1

A/N: Hey guys, long time no see. It's exam season and you all know what that means, sadly. Here's part 1 of this chapter, though! This chapter smoothes out some past holes within Damien and Darcy's relationship. The continuation of this chapter will be out soon! Thank you all for understanding. Y'all know how much education means for me.  XXXXX

-Unedited-

Third Person POV

December 25, 2018

Québec, Canada

*Five years ago*

All it took was a glance.

They both wanted the same thing.

The look they shared was synonymous to the thoughts hindering their minds. But only their intentions differed.

Donovan didn't want his sister Darcy to marry Damien. It will only provoke problems with his aunt, Alarina, and the deal between the families. Besides, Darcy wasn't for Damien or the world of his. He was heartbroken that they have hid their relationship from him. The thought of Damien's hands on his sister sickened him in a rattle.

Here they sat at the dinner party, bearing a flat expression underneath the facade they carried around.

Soon enough, Alarina pulled Donovan aside. She's waited too long in this sham of a party.

"Aunti - "

"I know."

Donavon covered his face with his two hands, grimacing. "I don't want him to hurt her. She's my little sister. She's not supposed to be in this type of game."

Alarina squeezed his shoulder. "No one ever said this was a game, sweet boy."

"What are we going to do?"

"You do what you have to do and tell your sister to breakup with him. He's betrothed to another woman. Darcy deserves so much better."

Donavon glanced down into his aunt's eyes. "You are right. She deserves much better."

"Go to her and do what you have to do. You know how to contain her. A car will be waiting for her departure."

He nodded, a worried hand running through his head.

He could trust his aunt.

After all she was on his side.

He leaned in giving his aunt a kiss on the cheek as she squeezed his other shoulder. "I'll see you in a bit, auntie."

***

"Darcy!"

"Donavon? What are you doing here?"

Donavon slightly shoved his sister inside the bathroom she had stepped out from.

"What are you going?" Gawked Darcy, her eyes brim at the actions of her brother.

"Listen to me!" His hands found her jaw as the other was pointed to his lips, indicating silence.

Darcy nodded and began to feel the panic-like vibe fuming the air and the bathroom drenched in gold. She's never seen her brother like this. Donavon was always cool and collected, in control of any situation.

"You can't marry him!"

Darcy looked away, rolling her eyes. Her lips curled. "Donavon, I know that you and Damien are friends – "

"No, it's not about me and Damien. People out there will kill you if you marry him!"

"Why would they kill me? They would never dare to cross Damien!"