Reality Check

-Unedited-

Third Person POV
Stark Towers
New York
Present Day

"There's no way I can jump this far! I'm lying straight on a fucking skyscraper!!" It was more of a temperamental scream rather than a plead of help.

There was no way he was going to bring the helicopter any closer. If he did, the blades of the helicopter would clash against the sky scrapper, perhaps immobilizing the air vehicle into a fiery crash against the metropolitan.

Her head tilting down, she shrieked once witnessing the crowd of people that spotted a blurred human form which was inconveniently her. She bid her dizziness to be blinked back without any more profanities littering out her mouth.

This time, Hampton cursed.

Then it dawned to her that Hampton was the only person in the helicopter. No one else to maneuver it if he were to assist her.

"There's no other way unless you want the FBI to capture you, sweetheart. I'm going to tilt this motherfucker and you're going to have to either jump or – "

"Die."

She didn't even have to continue the sentence for him.

"If the target I'm jumping to was a bit bigger, I would feel a bit better," Angelina screamed through the roaring winds.

"Fine."

Alas, an iron ladder was hung down. This meant that there was someone helping out Hampton.

Before Angelina can take a few breaths and mentally prepare herself for the ladder she can't possibly reach, the debris of the skyscraper she was leaning on flew off and pierced her due to automatic bullets being shot at her, or rather the helicopter.

They were busted.

"ANGELINA NOW!"

It all happened in slow vast seconds, that both couldn't register themselves.

The helicopter began to lean towards the skyscraper; shafts of glass flicked violently everywhere as Angelina pushed her legs down to only hurl her body, extending her arms to capture the flung ladder that was now three feet away from her, thanks to Hampton.

The ladder hurled through the air chaotically as Hampton pulled back the helicopter in an upward right lift.

Angelina could feel her sweaty fingers slipping from the ladder due to the incredible forces she couldn't fight.

Bullets and gravity.

Not the two things in her favor this instant.

Her feminine scream sounded mutated into a subtle, "ARGGGGGGUUUUUUU," through Hampton's earpiece.

He bellowed, his chest faintly contracting. "CLIMB THE LADDER NOW!"

Then did she open her eyes to shriek even louder...

Fuck heights.

She saw it; the intersecting billboard that would decapitate her body into half if she didn't climb upwards.

So she bid her weak arms to pull up and she did. Up and Up...Arm and leg....

Soon enough she felt a hand being extended from the helicopter and she forces herself to take it, the same moment a loud screeching saw sound eliminating the air.

Hence, her legs were free flying into the air, only Hampton's hand latching onto her from falling miserably.

The ladder had crumbled through the sky due to the striking billboard they rampaged through due to the inconsistency of the helicopter.

The Mafia on 6th StreetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara