Chapter 12 Part 2

A/N: please don't kill me. -JBG

Sophia's POV
The rest of the night, I don't leave Grayson's side. I can't make myself leave him. I am holding his hand all night. Ella, when she's allowed to leave and is done with everything that has to be done today, comes straight to us and looks as worried as I feel. We go back to our hotel for the night until tomorrow when Ella has her event. I wake up to not feeling Grayson beside me. "Grayson?" I say quietly. I lean up and see he's sitting in the chair across the room, reading something. I stand up and walk up behind him. I look down and see it's a book on some bull rider. "What are you reading?"
"A biography."
"On who?"
"My grandfather. He was the first bull rider from my home town to get ten consecutive national awards."
"That's amazing."
He nods. "I read it whenever I wish I could talk to him or want to be near him."
I kiss his head. "What would you want to talk to him about right now?"
He smiles and pulls me down into his lap gently. "I wish I could tell him how I won and about you."
"About me?"
He nods and leans against my shoulder. "He told me once that if I ever got into bull riding, if I ever found a girl that stuck with me through it to keep her. Especially if she reacted like you did when I got hurt."
"Grayson..."
"He always said that's how you know a person is really in love with you. Is if they seem as hurt as you are. If they seem as their whole world has broken when you're near death. And as soon as I saw you collapse into Jackson, I knew that what happened out there nearly killed you. And God knows, I feel like crap for making you feel like that."
"You don't need to feel like that. I knew what I was getting into with you."
"You didn't let me finish Sophia Jay."
"Okay?" I say looking at him questionably.
"I knew that you were gonna be with me no matter what and at that moment I was more worried about you than I was worried about my pain." He leans his head against mine. "I was more worried about you than anything else. I could've been dying and the first words out of my mouth would've been where's Sophia. Matter of fact, when I came to and was responsive my first word was your name because that's what was going through my mind the whole time I was on that bull. Was the next time I saw you I would never let you go. Ever. I love you Sophia."
"And I love you. I always will." 
"You promise?" He says smiling down at me.
"With all my soul."
He stands us up. "As much as I would love to stay like this, we need to get ready and meet up with everyone."
"Yeah." I say sighing. We get dressed and meet everyone downstairs. "Are you ready for today Ella?"
"Uh yeah! What kind of question is that?"
We get back to the event grounds and Ella goes where she needs to go. Ty walks up to us when he sees us. "How are you feeling Grayson?" He asks.
"I'm sore, but aside from that, I am good."
"The event is about to start."   I look to where all the competitors are standing and see Ella. She looks at me and smirks.
"I'm gonna go get Zeus ready." I motion for Ella to follow me. She follows me to the trailer. I lead him out and Ella walks to him and leans against him. Come on boy, let's blow them away."
I look at her and she hugs me. "Good luck El." I kiss her cheek. "Knock them dead." She smiles as she goes out on Zeus. I breathe out and go back to where Grayson and all the boys are. I get there and see Bryant is there along with my father. She. Gets almost completely done. I say almost because what happens cause me to scream and fall to the ground. Something spooks Zeus, I think it was the distant gun shot. He bucks her off a good ten feet. "Ella!" I hear Bryant yell.
The workers are trying to get to Ella, but can't due to Zeus. "Move." I say to Grayson who is holding my shaking body. I stand up and go to go in the corral. Workers stop me. "Get out of the way! If you want him away from her, move now!" They let me through and I run out to Zeus. I can't look at Ella. "Hey baby." I say softly. "C'mon Zeus. We have to let them get to your mom. They just want to help her." He's looking at me terrified. "Come one baby. Trust me. It wasn't your fault. Your mom's going to be fine. She has to be." I say as I start tearing up. Zeus walks slowly towards me and I grab his reigns. I lean against his head. "Someone get her and help her!" I yell as workers scramble to where she's laying. Not moving. Oh my god. I can't lose her. Anyone but her. I jump on Zeus and lead him to the exit. He's still freaking out. Grayson has to help me down. Ty put Zeus up quickly and we watch as they load Ella up on a gurney and leave the arena. I can feel all eyes on me as I mentally and physically break down in front of everyone present.