Chapter 6

Sophia's POV

We are pulling up into the small hotel in Cherokee. We all unload. Everyone gathers around me and Ella because we told them we need to have a meeting. We only have these every so often, so they know it's important. "Alright guys. You know we don't have these that often. So just listen up and we'll let you guys go upstairs and get some sleep before we have to be at the grounds in the morning to set up." I say. I look around the group and see them all nod. Ella steps off to the side. "First things first. We are in Cherokee, Mississippi. As many of you know, this is where Ella's father currently lives. And as you all know, he throws banquets almost every time we come through." Everyone cheers and I roll my eyes. "Alright. Alright. Calm down." Everyone quiets down. "The banquet for this year has been scheduled for day after tomorrow, which means we have to do the show tomorrow night right after we are done setting up. I know this means a lot more work for everyone and less time to get everything perfect. But this also means the night after the banquet, we are leaving for Nashville." I smile slightly. "Where our people that are up for nationals will be practicing. That means, everything for the next few nights have to go as planned. Is that understood?" Everyone nods and says an assortment of 'yeahs'. "Perfect. Everyone head to on inside and get some sleep. Meet down here ready to roll out to the grounds by six."

Everyone makes their way upstairs and to their rooms. I go to the one Ella and I are sharing. "That went quicker than expected." Ella says as we walk in.

"Usually does when I'm the only one talking."

She nods. "Do you think Ty and your dad will be there for the banquet?"

"Who knows?" Ty is my older brother. Also known as Tyler James Moore. He's six years older than me and very protective. Especially after my mother died. He became really protective. Due to the fact that my father was on the road a lot, my brother nursed me back to health after the wreck. When he graduated high school, he became an apprentice to a local tattoo artist. He now lives in Nashville, not far from our father. "Let's get some sleep El."

"Alright. Wake me up when you get up in the morning Soph."

"Will do."

"Turn it up momma!"

"Okay baby." The woman reaches forward and turns the radio up. A soft rock song is playing in the background. When she looks up, she sees headlights heading straight for her. She tries to avoid the car in the rain, but the car is going too fast and the rain is coming down too hard, too fast. The woman reaches back and shield's her daughter, so in order to protect her. The car hits them both head on. Causing the car to flip four times. They land on the top of the car. The child is partially conscious. The last thing she sees and remembers before blacking out is seeing and hearing her mother say these five words with blood leaking out of the vehicle onto the ground. "I love you baby girl."

I jolt up in my bed, out of breath and sweating. I look over at Ella and she is still fast asleep. I run my hand through my hair then put my face in my hands. I cry silently then grab my phone and make my way downstairs to the parking lot. I look at the time. Two in the morning. I dial my brother's number. He should be at work at his shop right now. It rings twice when he answers the phone. "Hey Sophie bug." He says cheerily. I hear buzzing from his machine in the background.

"Hey Ty..." I say quietly, still shaken from my dream.

The buzzing stops. "Is something wrong?"

"Are you busy?"

"One sec Al." I hear shuffling. "Not anymore. What is it?"

"If you're with someone, I can call back." I lean against the outside of the building.