67.

Siobhan and Steve arrived for the second the doors opened at visiting hours, walking in with an overnight bag and some flowers they're both as pleased to see me as they are Aston. I'm so appreciative of them, they've welcomed me with open arms from day one and continue to care for me like their own, you wouldn't know we've only met a few times.

"Hello, how are you feeling?" Siobhan asked giving me a gentle hug.

"I'm okay, you know," I replied.

"I'm so sorry love, life can be so cruel at times."

"Come on Siobhan, give the girl some space," Steve spoke on my behalf before anyone got upset.

"It's probably best actually, I don't smell too fresh," I chuckled.

"I've brought you some more of Courtney's clothes just for now but when you get home you can have a nice shower and change into something more comfortable,"

"Thank you ever so much."

"It's no trouble love, I want you to know you're welcome with us."

"That really means a lot," I smiled.

"Do you want to get changed babe so we can get going?" Aston asked.

"Yeah, okay."

"Do you not need a wheelchair?" Steve asked.

"No I'm fine."

"Well take it easy."

Aston took most of my weight in his arms as we walked down the corridor to the tiny wash room situated on the left, it's sweaty and cramped but fine for what I need it for. I freshened up briefly at the sink with the toiletries Siobhan packed whilst Aston looked through the clothes.

"It's lucky you're the same size as Courtney," he said holding out a navy jumper.

"I feel terrible though, I'm going to have to buy some new clothes," I replied.

"Yeah, we'll get something sorted though."

Shutting myself in one of the cubicles I changed into the jeans and jumper the best I could, I can feel my energy draining away already.

"Are you alright?" Aston asked.

"I need a hand for a minute."

Closing the door behind him he helped pull the jumper over my head and down my body.

"I'm so tired," I mumbled.

"I know, you can get some proper rest soon."

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Do you want your hair tied back?" he asked.

"I can do that, it's okay."

"I was hoping you would say that."

I chuckled taking the brush from him and tying my hair back in a messy bun, standing to my feet slowly.

"Are you sure you can walk? I can get a wheelchair?"

"No, I'm fine now," I smiled weakly.

Returning to my bed we found Steve and Siobhan ready with all of my belongings waiting to go, it's hard to believe how quickly everything has happened in the last twenty-four hours.

"Are you ready?" Siobhan asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I replied.

"Take your time, I'll go and get the car," Steve said.

Saying goodbye to the nurses we made our way to the front entrance and sat waiting on the bench, it's a lot colder outside than you would think considering summer's not quite over yet. I looked over to the smokers standing at the corner, there's always one who couldn't care less what people thought of them, standing in her pyjamas and fluffy slippers the short young mum stood with her daughter in one hand and a cigarette in the other. If anything she makes me look good with her beehive of a hairstyle. Stopping the car just in front of us Steve jumped out and took my things from Aston so he could help me get in, the heating already blowing enough hot air out to take away the chill.