16.

Up and away the next morning my spirits are a little higher now after a long chat with Aston through another sitting of 'Dirty dancing,' my mood was on such a roller coaster yesterday but at every bump he seemed to be there.

Friday's being half a day and my break already here I took the chance to delete any texts I have from Charlie off of my phone, okay so I know there will be more, but if I stay stubborn and ignore him he's likely to give up after a while. He's never chased a girl in his life, after all.

"Saturday?" Kelly asked.

"Huh?"

"Clubbing, just us girls."

"Oh, I'm busy sorry."

"That's what you always say, I thought you would make it this time?" she moaned.

"I said let me know in advance and I'll make sure I'm free, but it is if Friday Kelly."

"It was a last-minute decision," she shrugged.

"Well I'm going out with Aston, maybe next weekend."

"Aston? what's going on with you two?"

"Nothing, we're just friends."

"Oh, so you won't mind if I have a shot."

"He's not interested in a relationship."

"I'm not talking about a relationship," she smirked.

Oh boy.

Putting my phone and coffee mug that has 'me' written all over it with the glitter and girly objects I got back to work for the remaining two hours.

Finishing at two every Friday is lovely, especially when Chloe is always on the phone with a plan up her sleeve, today it's simply a glass of wine or two at mine. Hurrying home I changed into something a little more comfortable and prepared a bottle of a rosé with two glasses by the couch, although I'm sure the white will be opened too eventually. Snug in my UGG boot slippers I heard her arrive just as I flicked on 4music, the gorgeous face of Olly Murs making an appearance.

"Come in," I called leaving the door on the latch.

"Hey," she smiled kicking off a pair of heels that look as though they've given her hours of pain.

"Ouch."

"Oh the relief," she sighed slumping down.

"Busy day?" I asked.

"I've had meetings all week. If I have to sit in the same room with another sour faced, blonde, Kate Price wannabe tomorrow I'll scream."

I giggled watching her take a mighty slug from her glass.

"Well I've enjoyed my half a day in the office thank you," I teased.

She gave me a look that speaks for itself.

"How did you cope at work yesterday? I must have taken three too many paracetamol, I slept like a log last night."

"I didn't even get to work."

"Oh no.."

"I laid late, my hangover wasn't too bad."

"We didn't leave the bar that late did we?"

"No but my night didn't end there."

"Oh did it not?" she winked.

"Aston heard me come home," I shrugged.

"I bet he did, bit of company was you? keeping him warm under the sheets?"

Laughing I threw a cushion at her blushing.