12.

Busy behind my desk again the following morning with a stack of paperwork ready to fax, I've never been more relieved to have the girls with me in the office. Now half way through I'm rewarding myself with a break to check my phone, timing just right as an incoming call from Aston flashed up on the screen.

Disappearing I answered it.

"Hello."

"Hey babes, are you busy?"

"No I've took a break, what's wrong?"

"I've just found your folder on the couch, was you supposed to take it with you? There's loads of paperwork here too."

"Oh shit, yeah I was. I need to finish them off by this afternoon."

"Well I'm going into town in a bit so I'll drop them off, what floor are you on?"

"No its okay, you don't have to do that, il pop back home at lunch."

"It's no trouble like I said I'm passing, and then you can get them finished ."

"Okay then, text me when you're here and il meet you downstairs."

"Okay babe."

"Thank you."

"No worries, see you in a bit."

Damn. I knew I'd left something!

Sitting back down I listened in on the girls conversations whilst I waited, they get up to all sorts after a bit of alcohol, I only hope now I can keep my promise about joining them considering Charlie's away.

"Just text me in advance," I smiled.

"Are you feeling any better about Charlie? Kelly said it knocked you back a bit this time," Clare smiled with genuine sympathy.

"I'm fine, I've just got to face it haven't I, its his job."

"It's a bit of a pisstake though babe."

'I know, but what can I do?"

"Dump the arse hole!" Meg perked up.

"Meg.." Clare moaned. "Well there's a spare room at mine if you don't like being on your own."

'Thank you. I'm not on my own though, Aston's still staying with us."

"Is this the hot one he's always hanging around with?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah," I giggled.

"No wonder why she's fine," she teased.

"He's just a friend."

I suppose that's not really a lie.

"Kayleigh? There's someone here to see you," Sarah my manager smiled.

"Okay, just coming," but Aston ended up meeting me half way anyway.

"Speak of the hunk," Kelly grinned, single and desperate.

Laughing, he heard loud and clear.

"Ignore her," I said with rolling eyes. "Thanks for this, you're a star."

"Anytime babe, is everything there?"

"Yeah this is everything, I don't know how I managed to forget it, it's big enough."

"I did wonder," he giggled. "So what time do you finish?"

"A little after five."

"I'm meeting JJ for a few this afternoon but I wont be long," he smirked.

"I didn't realise you had a curfew?"

He laughed.

"I'll catch you later babe."

With eyes now all on me I made sure I dodged any questions waiting to be fired by putting my head down in this folder and changing the subject to work. These girls are the last people I want finding out, it's not that they'd care because if im honest I think they would egg me on, it's just the worry of gossip spreading.

Tired, squared eyed but finally finished I'm out of the office and back in the comfort of my living room. Rather than another take away with Aston tonight I'm determined to cook a nice meal, even if it is just for one, spaghetti bolognese still sounds perfect. Served up and looking delicious, if I say so myself, I put my feet up in front of the TV with a glass of rosé and a DVD. As days now pass with Charlie being away I've tried to convince myself that I don't need him in my life, nor want him anymore. These texts I keep receiving are just making me angry, he hasn't even considered coming home after my, in his words 'ultimatum', so why should I take his orders and get the first flight over there? I'm doing what I want for a change.

Expecting a good few hours with the house to myself, I'm a little surprised when Aston stumbles inside just half way through 'Marley and me,' and he doesn't sound alone either.

"Hello babe.." he smirked, very drunk.

Peeping around the door standing as a barrier, I heard knocks and stomps from who I'm guessing is JJ.

"Hello, come in," I giggled.

"It's okay, il fuck him off," he slurred pushing him away. "Sorry bro, she said no."

"Let him in, I didn't say anything of the sort," I laughed.

Frowning back at me I think I've just ruined Aston's fun.

"Sorry, are you sure you don't mind?" JJ said.

"It's fine, sit down before you both fall down."

"Are you watching something?"

"It doesn't matter, it's the sad bit anyway," I said switching it off.

Slumping beside me Aston threw JJ another can.

"Oh this is Kayleigh, Charlie's Mrs," he said.

"JJ," he smiled back at me. "Do you play FIFA?"

"FIFA? No," I chuckled. "I'll leave that one to you men."

"Babe, we can do this another time? Jay won't mind," Aston asked although it's more of a plead.

"I've got things to do anyway, I don't mind," I smiled.

Picking up the Xbox controllers JJ passed one to Aston.

Groaning to himself he watched me go into the utility room to finish the last of the housework. Loading up the washing machine and ironing some of Aston's shirts with my work blouses I heard the usual lads talk from the next room, I'll never understand why men get so emotional over a football match. Housework isn't exactly what I want to do tonight, but teasing Aston and watching him squirm is quite fun, and fun is what this 'friends with benefits' situation is all about after all.

Folding the last shirt I felt two sudden arms slip around my waist.

"That was not fair," Aston groaned down my neck.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about."

Giggling I turned around.

"I'll get you back."

"Ooh, and how are you going to punish me?"

"I have a few things in mind," he smirked.

Pressing his lips to mine I pulled back looking behind him to the door.

"Jay's gone home, it's just us."

I smiled.

Lifting me up on top of the worktop he stood in between my legs as I let him attack my lips, frustration being released right here, right now.

~♥~

Vote for the next part :-)