60.

It was supposed to be asking the questions tonight but an hour later and Charlie is still going strong, tidying the bedroom top to bottom, which can I add he has never done, he's refusing to settle. I don't know what else I can say to persuade him, I guess that the boxers were found under my bed and not in the bathroom is a bit misleading.

"It's not here Charlie, give up now," I said throwing the last few socks into the wash bin.

"What's not?" he replied.

"The belt you've been looking for."

"Oh that, yeah I'll buy a new one."

Still looking under the furniture he began to grate on my last nerve.

"Do you want the vacuum whilst you're down there?"

"No it's fine."

"Are you sure? anyone would think I don't do the housework with the way you're acting."

"I was only picking up my clothes, I'm done now."

Smiling sarcastically back at him I shut the door behind us both and followed him into the living room. The DVD still paused I picked up the remote and turned it off.

"I thought you wanted to watch that?" Charlie asked.

"I've changed my mind."

"Alright, I'll put the football on instead."

Slouching into the kitchen I flicked on the kettle to make myself a mug of hot chocolate, so much for a nice afternoon together and a chance to talk. Aston is going to be so disappointed, I promised him I'd try and I haven't even got close yet, I can't let him come home to find out nothings happened, the only reason he's pushing me is because he wants our future as soon as possible and as much as I do. I have to do something.

"Charlie, can we talk?" I asked stirring a spoonful of sugar into my mug.

In a world of his own catching up on the football scores he ignored me.

"Charlie?" I repeated.

"What?"

"I asked if we could talk."

"About what?"

"I think its time you chased up these scans."

"Right."

"Can you turn that off?" I asked sitting down beside him.

"Well make it quick, Arsenals highlights are coming up," he sighed.

"The hospital should have been in contact by now, who's your doctor?"

"I can't remember, something beginning with D."

"Not Melborn then?"

"Yeah, I think that's it."

"Isn't he just a consultant?"

"I've probably got the wrong name, I don't know."

"Have you got any appointments coming up?" I asked.

"I've told you, I'm waiting on these scans."

"Yeah and you told me that you'd contact them if they weren't here by the end of the week."

"I've been busy."

"Yeah, damaging another organ in your body."

"I've had other things on my mind alright," he shrugged.

"Your heart should be your main priority Charlie."

"Since when were you my mother? In fact you're not even my girlfriend so what is this?" he snapped.