Chapter 24

Matt and I stayed at the bus for a while. About a week to be exact. He kept me company and I liked having him around. We didn't fight or argue. But we didn't match. I don't know what it was but I didn't love him the way I had before. Maybe falling off the bus knocked some sense into me.

There was a knock at the door and Matt was asleep. I hobbled over to the door and opened it. A very handsome, curly haired, brown eyed, 6'2 gentleman was standing there.

"Hey, I'm Jon." The gentleman said.

"DeLanie." I replied.

"Um, I'm Kevin Lyman's nephew and he was concerned about your injury. Damn, for a girl who fell off a bus, you look very beautiful." He said smoothly.

I blushed, "Why thank you, Jon" I said smiling at him.

"I um, also wanted to know if you were feeling up to a ride. I know the perfect spot just under a shady spot and if you're hungry, I have prepared a picnic for us." Jon persuaded.

"Well shit. I think I'll have to take you up on that offer, Sir. Just let me leave a note so my dad doesn't flip shit." I said giggling.

He nodded.

I went back to my room to see if Matt was still asleep and he was. I walked back into the kitchen, grabbed a marker and wrote on the fridge,

'Went out. Be back later. Don't worry, I'm fine.   -De  '

I walked out the door and almost fell down the steps. Jon caught me.

"Sweetheart, I think I should carry you. I don't want you getting hurt." Jon said sweetly.

I smiled and blushed. He set me in the golf cart and once he got in, we were off.

It took about 15 minutes to get to the 'secret place'. And oh my god. It was beautiful.

A weeping willow tree, atop a soft hill that over looked the horizon. Away from all the noise and chaos. Away from the drama. It felt like Neverland and Jon was Peter Pan and I was Jane. It was so beautiful.

"Babe, are you ready?" He asked.

I was so preoccupied with the surroundings I hadn't noticed that Jon had set up our picnic and was ready to carry me up the hill.

I smiled and nodded. He lifted me off my seat and carried me bridal style to where the picnic was. He sat me down on a cushion and offered me a plate of sandwiches. We ate and talked and he was so sweet and handsome. I learned that he is 14, has been going on Warped Tour since he could remember, he lives with Kevin Lyman, his father died when he was born and he said that he likes me.

When we were done eating, Jon gathered up the basket and dishes and put them back into the golf cart. Then he swiftly picked me up and we sat together, leaning against the willow tree. We cuddled and he sang to me. Apparently I fell asleep and I was woken by 'Closure by Asking Alexandria'. Matt's ringtone on my phone. I answered it.

"Hello?" I said sheepishly.

"DELANIE! Oh my god.  RONNIE! SHE'S OKAY!" Matt yelled.

"Matt, chill out. I'll be back in 15 okay? Then we all can talk." I replied harshly and hung up.

Jon woke up and heard the conversation.

"Do I need to get you back?" He asked sadly.

I nodded and stood up. He picked me up and carried me to the golf cart, set me down on the seat, he got in and we drove away.

The sun was setting and it was already 7:50. Oh. Shit.

When we got back to the bus everyone was outside. Matt was pacing with dad and Austin and Cy were just standing there. Kaleb was laying on the ground, as were the rest of the band. When dad saw us he stopped pacing.

We stopped and Jon got out, picked me up and carried me over to daddy.

"DeLanie. Rae. Radke.  Do you have any idea how WORRIED WE'VE BEEN?!" Dad half yelled at me.

"Honey, can you put me down please?" I asked Jon. He nodded.

I looked at Matt and I could tell by the look on his face, he was completely heartbroken.

"Daddy, this is Jon. He's Kevin Lyman's nephew. He took me out for the day and I had a great time. I left a note." I stated.

"I can see that and I know. I didn't worry about it at first and then after 4 hours, I got pretty fuckin' worried De. Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you wake Matt up?" Daddy said.

"I'm sorry daddy. It won't happen again. And I didn't call you because I knew you were playing a show and I didn't wake Matt up because I wanted him to sleep." I explained.

"If i may, Sir. I had no intention of keeping your daughter out this late without a phone call. We had lunch and then dosed off. I apologise." Jon stated.

Daddy looked shocked at the manners that Jon percived.

"It's fine kid. Just don't let it happen again. This is my baby girl and I'm trying my best to keep her safe. And I'm Ronnie. You don't have to call me 'Sir'. Nice to meet you, Jon." Daddy said.

I looked over and Matt looked furious. He had a lot of jealousy issues and they were kind of getting out of hand at the moment.

I looked up at Jon and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I had a great time Jon. Thanks for lunch." I said smiling.

"Bye beautiful. I'll see you later, maybe tomorrow." Jon said as he stared into my eyes.

He kisses my forehead and then left.

I walked inside and everyone followed.

Matt was fuming.

"Matt. Calm down." I said.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN!? WHY SHOULD I CALM DOWN?! YOU BASICLY JUST CHEATED ON ME!" He yelled at me.

"Matt. We're not dating. We never made it oficial. Hell, we never even went on a date!" I yelled back.

He immidiatly shut up. Matt stood up and walked out the door, slamming it as he left.

I walked back to my room, stripped the sheets on my bed and asked Daddy to drive me to a laundrymat. Instead he took my sheets and told me he'd take care of it.

I locked my door and sprayed perfume all over my room. I opened the window and threw all of Matt's shit out. Apparently it sounded like the bus was 'under construction' as Austin put it. He knocked on the door, I opened it.

"Hey De. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Aus, did you see the way dad looked at Jon?"

"Hell yeah I did! Where the fuck did he come from?! De, if I was gay. Oh boy. You better keep a good hold on that boy." Austin said winking.

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to die.

About an hour later Daddy came back with new black and purple bedding. He also bought me a few new band tees at Hot Topic. I hugged him and thanked him. I put the bedding on my bed and then got a call from Brianna. She said that Cylence had to come back with her, end of story. I went to bed.

The next morning, Cylence was gone. I decided to use the public bathrooms because Jacky was taking too long in the bus's. I found Cylence, on the floor in a puddle of blood and a bullet through her skull. I cried for hours and a few days later, the funeral was heald and she was burried, 6 feet under. Ausin mourned for about a day and then he was fine. Everyone else really didn't mind.

Jon came over after everything settled down. We didn't do much. We laid in my bed and cuddled while playing the x box. I fell asleep on his chest and woke up a few hours later to his sweet hums.

"Good evening beautiful. Did you sleep well?" Jon asked sweetly.

"Yes I slept well handsome and you are a very nice pillow." I replied giggling.

Jon looked deep into my eyes.

"I really want to kiss you DeLanie." Jon said with love in his eyes.

"Then do it." I replied.

"I want to be a gentleman and wait." Jon said honestly.

I smiled and layed back down on his chest and drifted to sleep.