Chapter 27 - His Baby

Start from the beginning

I get off the bike, stumbling as my legs feel like jelly. Brandon studies the outside of my house and I hand him his helmet back.

"Well, see you later," he checks behind him, ready to drive off.

"No, no, no. You said you'd tell me about Zeke and Jordan."

He runs a hand through his tousled hair, "You're gonna get me in some shit."

"With Jordan? Why?"

"No, with Blakely. He'll kill me for tellin' you."

"Well now I need to know."

"Right. You gonna invite me in then?" He nods towards my house.

I shake my head, "No guys are allowed in my house."

"What'd you wanna do then? Sit at the side of the road?" He jokes.

"Yes, actually," I walk over to the pavement and sit on the curb. Brandon follows and sits beside me, shaking his head while smiling.

"You're weird."

"So are you."

"How does Blakely put up with you?"

"How does your mother put up with you?"

"Touché."

"Tell me what happened," I say, feeling impatient.

"Okay, okay," he lets out a breath. "So you know about Blakely dealing with Jordan, right?"

"What?" My eyes widen and I try to process what Brandon just said. Zeke has dealt drugs. He can't have, I don't believe him. I've heard the rumours about him doing it, but now that I know him I know he'd never do something as bad as that. He must mean he dealt something else. Like potatoes or something.

"Guessing you didn't," Brandon laughs.

"He dealt drugs?"

"Yep."

"Are you sure?"

"Pretty sure since I was one of his best customers," he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a lighter and a cigarette. I watch him light it as I think about Zeke doing that. Why would he? For money? His dad sends him money though and pays for everything, so why would he need it?

"Why would he-" I struggle to come out with the words, as my thoughts are going crazy. "Why? How? He wouldn't do that."

Brandon looks at me with a serious expression, also a look of... pity. "It was a bad time. I don't necessarily like the dude, but don't go makin' him feel like shit for it. He got what he deserved from his mistakes."

"What do you mean?"

He takes a drag from his cigarette and I hold my breath. "He tried to get outa it, the dealing, and Jordan wasn't happy."

"Continue," I push.

"Jordan made him regret it."

"Brandon, just tell me what he did," I moan.

"He convinced Blakely's girlfriend at the time to sleep with him."

Oh God. Why didn't Zeke tell me about this? I told him mostly everything from my past yet when he tells me stuff he leaves out all this important information. It's as if I don't know him at all. He was a drug dealer. A freaking drug dealer. What else has he not told me?

"What do you mean by convinced?"

"You know," he takes a draw from the cigarette and exhales. "Got her high, told her shit about Blakely. The usual."