Day lives... -A Legend fanfic (Parts 1-15)

DAY LIVES...

-A Legend Fan-Fic

(only read if you have finished the Legend trilogy)

When the Champion ended, Legend fans were left in tears because of its bitter-sweet ending. Right?

Most of us wanted the story to continue to know what happened when June and Day crossed paths ten years later. Didn't you?

So this is an effort from my side to heal our hurting hearts.

Hey cousins! this is a work of fan-fiction and i have no intention of hurting anybody's feelings. I've created some twists and turns of my own in the story to reach the beautiful ending that we all desperately desired. Hope you like it.

*fingers crossed*

Warning: You'd have to overlook my horrible writing skills and see what i've got in store for all of us.

The story continues where Champion left off...

Part 1

TEN YEARS after the end of Republic's war with the colonies, ten years after Day's successful brain surgery, ten years after Day left for Ross City with his brother Eden, Day has now come back to the Republic for Eden's interview.

Ten years have passed...

He touches my hand and encloses it in a handshake.

"Hi," he says "I am Daniel."

"Hi," I reply "I am June."

Just like that i feel that i am linked to him once again. Maybe there is still a hope for both of us.

He asks me "So you were saying something about Tess, right?"

I nod (while i am still looking at his face) "Yes, I am going to meet her tonight and she is a good friend of mine."

"Really? I mean she is my friend too. And we were about to go meet her as well." he says.

Day turns back for a moment and beckons Eden towards us. Eden walks up to us from where he was standing for the past few minutes (12 minutes to be exact). I didn't recognise him at first. 'Cause both the boys looked same age from the distance.

Both tall and lean. Both have same blonde hair except that Eden's is curly.

Part 2

EDEN still has his golden curls, and his once-almost-blind eyes are now clear. He is well. And handsome like his brother.

"Hi, I am Eden, Daniel's younger brother." Eden says to me.

He watches me closely. I don't think he recognises me. 'Cause he was almost blind when i had met him ten years ago. He is a grown up now, 22 years old.

I smile. "Hi, I am..."

Suddenly I wonder if he still remembers my name. What if he does? But Day speaks up, "Hey Eden, this is June."

"June..." Eden repeats. (squinting of eyes followed by widening of eyes and raising of eyebrows - a sign of recognition).

I think he remembers me. Oh no!

"Hi, June. Thats a pretty name." he says with a huge smile.

Guess i was wrong. How could Eden remember me from the time when he was an almost blind kid?

But I am usually right when it comes to reading expressions. Maybe i'm wrong this time!

But i am feeling that Eden recognises me 'cause his eyes lingered on mine for longer than was necessary.