9

You were curled into a fetus position underneath tons of blankets with multiple layers of clothing on. It was below twenty degrees with no sign of warmth anywhere; and of course, ice frosted the streets and eight inches of snow piled up on the ground.

A sharp sound of a notification woke you up from precious slumber. You rolled, still wrapped in a cocoon, over to your bedside where your phone lie. Upon reading the message, you smiled.

from: miracle boi, sa-to-ri!

don't come out BRRfooted!

You hopped out of bed and pulled on an extra pair of pants, a sweatshirt, two pairs of socks, and gloves. You also grabbed a parka and combat boots. Hopefully, your parents weren't up yet so they wouldn't accuse you for "sneaking out of the house".

You treaded lightly downstairs and to the front door. A familiar head of crimson colored hair caught your attention.

"Tendou!" You said, a little bit above your normal volume, just because the world was quieter when it snowed. He turned upon hearing his name, his face already lit up with glee. "Hey! You made it."

"Of course! Wouldn't miss it." You started to trudge over to him, but stopped when a cold sensation hit your shoulder. Tendou wore a shit-eating grin while holding another snowball. "Care for a duel?"

"I do say, sir." You began fumbling for a snowball and shrieked when another ball of snow hit you. You threw yours and was lucky enough to strike his torso. He feigned illness and sank to his knees. "[First Name]-chan. . ."

You rolled your eyes and made another snowball. "There's no way you can--!"

You felt yourself being pushed to the ground by a strong force. "Damn you, it's cold!" You complained as Tendou hovered over you with his arms placed by your head. "Really? I feel pretty warm."

A slow heat rose to your cheeks as Tendou smirked at your reaction. "Get off me!" You whined, wriggling around. "I'm going to get frostbite!"

"Alright, alright," He moved away and stood to his feet. He graciously held out his hand for you to take as he pulled you up. Just as he was about to say something, a high-pitched bark interrupted his speech.

You turned towards the door which you forgot to close and saw Alex standing there with his tongue lolling. "Hey buddy!" You greeted as the dog trotted, more or less, over to you. "Man, he's gotten bigger hasn't he?" Tendou said, his eyes widening just a bit.

"Really, though!" You scratched him behind his ears. "Do you remember Tendou?"

Alex took notice of the said Tendou and made a whine-y sort of noise. The dog bounded over to him pawed at his legs and howled for attention. Tendou grinned and ruffled Alex's fur. "He's a lot more vocal than usual."

"Probably because he remembers you."You smiled at their relationship. "Alex! Come here!"

He turned at the sound of his name, plodding over to you. You backed away slightly, ensuing a chase. Alex, being the little energetic ball of fur he was, pranced after you with small barks.

Tendou gaped in exaggeration. "Don't steal him from me!"

"He's my dog!" You laughed as Alex attempted to chase you.

The rest of the frigid morning was spent in laughter, snow, and love. (no not that kind)

--

this chapter is real real messy im so sorry