1

+ years ago, middle school +

A young boy sat at a table by himself, carefully writing down notes. He seemed to be concentrating and zoned everyone else out. How he could he do that? So many things were being said about him. His haircut, his weird obsession with manga and anime, and just anything that would remotely hurt his feelings.

You didn't particularly want to start or stay in the drama, so in this case you were a bystander. Until today.

You heard books drop to the floor, (and a lot of them) which heightened your senses a bit. "Oops, my bad." A mocking voice said, followed by snickers. You glanced to your right and saw Tendou picking up his books casually and placing them back on his desk.

And this started to happen every single day.

One day it was particularly loud. You looked over with a sharp glare in your eye, only for it to be softened. The entire desk was knocked over. Some of the students were laughing, others were watching with concern glistening in their eyes. You stood up and walked over to the scene. Nobody was there except for Tendou, who was once again fixing his books, and the desk.

You silently bent down and helped him out. The red-head stopped to look at you, but you didn't seemed to notice. He slightly smiled, relieved that at least someone in this world had kindness in them.

+ present time +

In this time, Tendou had grown significantly and you. . . not so much(But hey, I'm not saying it's a /bad/ thing). It turns out that the both of you had become good friends, due to the bonding over anime and things. Tendou was one of those people who you could just relax around; when you were stressed, or maybe when he was stressed, you comforted one another. But along the way you had developed a little something for Satori.

He didn't mind when you were playing with his hair, (as you were doing now), or poking at his hands; he simply enjoyed your company because you were the only female that understood his love for manga. As you twirled your fingers in his red mane, Tendou's phone ran for the millionth time.

"Don't you have volleyball practice?"

"In a few minutes." He responded shortly. "Hm. . .?" You stopped playing with his hair, much to his dismay. "They're going to yell at you if you don't get there on time." He groaned in agitation, placing your hands back on his hair again. "So what." He mumbled quietly, but not enough to evade your ears.

You sighed, continuing with this liked activity of Satori's. "Not my fault if they make you run extra laps or something." The red-head remained silent, until his phone was legitimately ringing every minute or so. "Guess that's my cue." He said, standing up to his lanky height and stretching.

"Thank you!" He grinned and held up a signature peace sign before jogging off.

You were left with shaking hands and a flushed face.

"Dummy. . ."