3

24 hours later, Tendou was back to his normal self. You were happy about this; whenever Tendou was sad it reminded you of junior high and what he went through. So, from that day on, you vowed to protect your little Guess Monster.

And here Tendou was, texting you at 11:00 a.m because practice was finally over.

To: #1 partner-in-crime

[first name]-chan~~!! practice is over!! can i visit now??

To: miracle boi, sa-to-ri!

oh... i guess you can ? my puppy might be scared of you.

To: #1 partner-in-crime

omg. U never told me u had a puppy. wtf?!?

To: miracle boi, sa-to-ri!

i just got him like 3 days ago...lolol. picked him off the streets.

To: #1 partner-in-crime

im coming over rn oh em gee

"What a dork." A short laugh left your lips. The small Alaskan Kai sat in your lap, gnawing on your fingers. He reminded you of a small Tendou because of his wild eyes. Your parents finally gave in because the poor dog had been abandoned (presumably by his mother).

"Stop that," You tussled the miniature Kai's fur, causing him to yip at you. Just as you were scolding him, a loud knock came from downstairs. "Tendou." You breathed, his name rolling off your tongue naturally.

With the Kai in your arms, you descended the steps at slow pace. You turned the corner and headed towards the door, unclicking the lock and almost bumping into Tendou.

He loudly gasped, seeing the puppy wriggle excitedly in your arms. "[First Name]-chan. . ."

"He's adorable, right?" You put him down and watched him scuttle over to Tendou.

"Have you named him yet?" The red-head asked, bending down and patting his head. "No. . . I haven't had the time to teach him." You laughed, seeing that your pet was getting a little too aggressive and scooped him up.

"You got any ideas?"

"Hmm. . ." Tendou closed his eyes, deep in thought. You owlishly blinked and waited for him to finish thinking."What about Alex?" He suggested, watching the puppy's reaction.

"Alex." You repeated, and watched him look up at you with his blue eyes.

"He seems to like that!" Tendou grinned. "Alex!" The pooch jumped out of your arms, stumbling over to Tendou and pawing at his legs. You gushed, "Tendou! He likes you!"

Said Satori felt his ears turn red at the sound of your high-pitched voice. "Yeah. . . he does."

"Come here Alex!" You beckoned, watching Alex bound over and lick your palms. "He's a quick learner." Satori laughed, a brisk one at that. "He takes after me."

A silence washed over the room.

Your eyebrows quirked up, inquiring at Tendou's statement. Satori slowly realized what he said and started to cover up his earlier sentence. "I didn't mean it like that! I just meant that, you know. . . we have similar qualities."

"Is that so?" You said, kissing Alex near his ear. "Maybe you're right."

"I know I'm right."

For the rest of the afternoon, the three of you spent quality time together.