4

Math class; probably one of the most dreaded courses of all time. Tendou zoned off most of the time, only scribbling half-assed notes in his notebooks.

"And the square root of 61 lies between..." The abrupt ringing of a bell shrieked in the hallway, drawing the lesson to an end. "We'll continue tomorrow. Class is dismissed."

It seemed like a breath of relief was released from the students, some immediately standing up and going to another classroom, and some turning to their friends and talking to them. You, sitting by Tendou, were asleep.

Tendou gazed at your face, watching the muscles in your facial features twitch. "[First Name]-chan~. . ."

You responded with a short grunt, your nose scrunching up. "What do you want, Tendou?"

"Class is over, y'know." He rested his face on his palm. "I am well aware, pal," Your eyes slowly opened to reveal a dulled [Eye Color]. You slowly sat up, stretching yourself until you heard a satisfying 'pop'. "Ouch."

"Did you bring anything for lunch, [First Name]-chan?" Tendou asked, watching you as you moved from your desk to the one in front of him, switching the chair around so that the back of it was facing him.

"No. Just some pocky." You said, reaching into your bag and fishing out a pink colored box. Tendou began to reach for them, but you snatched them back. "No, Tendou. You're an athlete."

He groaned. "Come on, [First Name]-chan! You know I haven't had these since, like, junior high!"

"And it's best if we keep it that way." You retorted, popping a pocky stick in your mouth.

"But pocky tastes better~." He continued to complain, reaching for your box. "Oh my God, Tendou. . . if I give you one, will you please stop asking me?" You offered, watching Tendou's face light up like a child. He nodded excessively.

"Jeez." You picked one out of the box and handed it to him. "You're welcome."

"Wanna play the pocky game?"

You nearly chocked. You beat your chest several times before regaining your breath. "The. . . pocky game?"

"I didn't stutter." Tendou said, tilting his head and dangling the edible candy. "Let's try it."

"We're in school!" You whisper-yelled, lightly hitting your fists on the desk. "People will..."

"There's no one in here. They all went to the cafeteria."

You looked around, mystified. "Come on. . ."

"It'll be quick, promise." Tendou put one end of the stick in his mouth. He watched you with his wide eyes. "Hurry, [First Name]-chan~."

"Shut up." You muttered, leaning forward and taking the other end in your mouth. You began to bite on, followed by Tendou. The stick was getting smaller and smaller until there was hardly an inch left. It seemed like Tendou was staring in the depths of your soul. He grinned, almost saying, Giving up?

Your eyebrows furrowed. You leaned forward even more, closing the distance and taking the rest of the stick. Tendou was astonished. A light blush dusted his cheeks. "[First Name]-chan. . . you're so bold!"

"I don't give up that easily, Tendou." You crossed your arms and smiled proudly.

"Tendou, what the hell were you doing?"

Tendou looked up with alarm in his eyes, but instantly let his guard down when he saw who it was. "Semisemi!"

"You too, [First Name]-san." The third-year setter leaned against the doorway, his sleeves rolled up. "You look like somebody's dad, Eita-kun." You laughed, turning towards him. "We weren't doing anything, honest."

"Mhm." Eita said. "Since it doesn't look like you two have lunch, come down to the cafeteria."

"Sure thing, dad." You said, teasing him.

"Don't call me that!"