5

Today was the day. Shiratorizawa was having its first home game. You, along with majority of the school were going to cheer on the team. Surely, they wouldn't have a hard time since their school was currently ranked #1.

The last bell of the day rang, dismissing students to go home or to the gym. Tendou, who was in your last period as well, rose in a hurry. You stood up as well, a contagious grin smacked on your face. "Tendou! Do good today!"

The red-head looked back, his eyes wide. With "fake" tears of joy, and being quite exaggerated, Tendou nodded and ruffled your hair. "I will, [First Name]-chan. Cheer for me the loudest!"

"Of course!" You smiled, giving him a thumbs up.

Tendou jogged away, clapping Semi on the back. "Come on, Semisemi~!" The un-excited Eita rolled his eyes, following his companion to the gym with a look of annoyance on his face. "You're so loud."

You laughed at their friendship, gathering your things and putting them in your [Backpack/Messenger Bag/etc].

"Hey [Last Name]-chan, you're heading to the game?" A classmate, whom you on a weekly basis talked to, asked.

"Yeah! Are you going?" You responded, a grin spreading ear-to-ear.

"Nah." They replied, crossing their arms. "I would go, but their team is a bunch of freaks. Especially the red-haired one." They chortled loudly, the fact that they knew they were pissing you off furthered them to laugh more.

Your eyebrows furrowed. Just as you were about to comeback, they were already walking away.

You spoke up, your voice loud and assertive. "Hey, if you're going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty." You smiled crookedly and formed a heart with your fingers. "Try harder!"

They were resigned to frowning with a twitching eyebrow. There was absolutely no way to come back from that.

You effortlessly pushed past them and headed for the gym. Your heart was still pounding from the short adrenaline that pushed you to snap at them. You shook your head vigorously and pinched the bride of your nose.

It'll be fine.

--

The beginning of the game began with the semi-famous school song. On normal days, you'd usually sit with the Shiratorizawa cheering section but after that incident with the classmate, who knows how many other students up there were fake.

Shiratorizawa was beginning their warm-up by approaching the net and swinging at the ball. Tendou was spiking the balls perfectly, as usual. When he began to get fired up, a smile began to creep on your face. "There he goes. . ."

Their opponents watched them with lingering fear in their eyes.

In just a short amount of time, Tendou was up again. He approached, jumped, and swung. The ball spiraled down quickly and smacked the floor. It was absolutely memorizing.

You stood to your feet and cupped your hands around your mouth. "Tendou Satori! Nice kill!"

The red-head looked up and scanned the crowd for you with squinted eyes. Realization dawned upon his face and a smirk cracked his features.

Then the whistle blew.

--

As expected, Shiratorizawa pulled out an easy victory, although there were some tense moments between both teams. The team lined up and faced the audience. "Thank you!" They yelled and bowed. The audience clapped and some individual screams were heard. You caught Tendou's unwavering stare and smiled cheesily.

He looked away with a sort of bashfulness, his hand flying to his hair and brushing it over. Just to embarrass him even more, you sucked in a deep breath and screamed:

"Sa-to-ri! I love you!"