6

"Sa-to-ri! I love you!"

Said "Satori"'s eyes widened to the size of saucers. The audience's noise dropped to an almost silence. You could feel the blood rush to your brain and the heat to your cheeks. You continued to look over the rail with an exaggerated smile on your face. Come on, Tendou. Say something so I don't look stupid!

Tendou's mouth opened to say something, but it wasn't heard because the roaring of the audience started up again. Your head turned sharply to what they were screaming about; and of course, it would be Ushijima who was waving to them. At the wrong time, too. . . or was it right?

You pouted and resumed to look at Tendou who was currently surrounded by his incredulous teammates.

". . . no way that [Last Name]-san likes you in a serious way. How'd you do it?"

Tendou responded with a smug look hooked on his face. He gestured with his hands aggressively and reveled in glory as his team was transfixed with wonder; even Ushijima was mystified.

--

The audience filed out, conversations buzzing with energy and excitement as talk of the next game popped up. Shiratorizawa came out as the caboose, wearing their jackets and pants. Tendou hung near the back of the group with his head down.

"Tendou, let's walk home together." You offered to the boy. He looked up sharply and let his gaze soften considerably. Without a word, the Satori shied away from the group and joined you with a small smile.

"So about what I said after the game," You said awkwardly. "Sorry about that. Must've been embarrassing for you."

"Don't worry about it, [First Name]-chan." He replied, closing his eyes and letting the sun momentarily warm his skin. "I was actually going to reply before the crowd started screaming."

"What were you going to say?" You questioned with eyebrows raised. Your heart began to hammer in your chest.

Tendou paused, hummed, and looked down at you. "I love you too." He looked towards the sky and laughed crisply. "I was supposed to confess first."

"Really?" You asked. He responded with another hum. "So is this going to work out?"

"Maybe, [First Name]-chan. Maybe."