2

Volleyball practice finally ended, and everyone was out except for Tendou. Ushijima was missing too. I wonder what's taking them so long. . . You thought while yawning. He's usually out first, boasting about what he accomplished during practice and whatnot.

"Oi, Semi-kun." You beckoned him over. He looked slightly confused as to why you wanted to talk to him, out of all the Shiratorizawa volleyball members. "What's up, [First Name]-san?"

"Do you know what's holding up Satori and Wakatoshi?" You inquired. (You were on a first name basis with majority of the team)

"Ah. . . not really. They might be discussing something related to the Spring High." Eita said, trying to think of a better answer. "He should be out soon." The third-year setter then questioned, "Is there anything going on between you two?"

You felt your face explode in a rosy color. The tips of your ears started to burn; but the thing is, there really was nothing between you and Satori. Yet, your emotions decided to get the best of you and say Yes!

"Pfft. . . of course not, Semi-kun! Why. . . would you ask?"

"You make it seem like there is," Eita rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I have to get going. See you later." The latter dismissed himself. Just as he was out of eyesight, Tendou and Ushijima were in earshot. They were quietly discussing something; even for Tendou, being quiet was strange.

Ushijima ended the conversation, giving a curt nod to you and leaving the campus. Tendou loudly sighed, trodding up to you with his arms hooked in the pockets of his warm-ups. "What happened?" You immediately questioned.

"Nothing bad. . . if that's what you were thinking." Tendou began walking with you trailing by his side like a lost puppy. He seemed distant.

"Satori. Something obviously happened." You elbowed him slightly. He grunted, barely moving. "I'm telling you, it was nothing. The coach just wanted to speak to us." The red-head lightly frowned, jamming his hands in his pockets.

"If you say so." was your reply. Tendou mumbled something, probably a smart-Alec reply, and started to walk a tad bit faster. Your shorter legs were burning trying to keep up with him.

"Satori!" He was, at least, 10 steps ahead of you. He halted in his tracks. You caught up to him, your breath faltering. "Why are you. . . walking so fast?" You asked. "Something's up with you."

"It's nothing." He said in a muffled voice, looking away from your gaze.

Seriously. . . this guy.

"Well. . . since you won't tell me who the hell pissed in your cereal, I'll get going." You said in the silence of the tension, huffing in frustration and beginning to walk towards him. Tendou merely cast a glance at you, only to let his rose-colored eyes widen. You were hugging him. . .? Out of all people?

As quick as you came, you left in a deft motion without any other words. Satori stood there, baffled, with a finger scratching his cheek.

That girl. . .