Coffee

The aroma of sweet butterscotch and coffee beans filled the low lit coffee house, scrapes of groups sat in comfy chairs and around tables, chatting and sipping teas, coffee and everything in between. There was only a few people left standing in line. The smell of baked goods spreaded around.

You sat by the black matt piano and delicately danced along the notes, playing each cord with authenticity, never missing a beat. The low but powerful sound of skinny love echoed across the room. Your sweet soft voice occasionally catching someone's attention. You worked the night shifts on the weekends. The pay was fairly good and the manager George had given you a part time job as the entertainer.

The sharp bell rang as a stranger walked in. You had come accustom to the regulars; there was James his nose in the latest book of Harry Potter and the cursed child, then Teddy who sat with his two mates Carl and Sam, and Jessie who would always be on her laptop updating her book or doing coursework for uni. There was a few others like; Kelly, Matt, Jimmy and Kit but this guy he was new. 

He wore a white shirt and a black flannel, the rain had caught him and his brown hair was stuck to his forehead. You saw a glimpse' of his blue eyes as he went up to the counter and ordered. Distracted you went back to playing a new tune. "Fly me to the moon" his head whipped around watching you. You gave him a grin as he walked over pulling out a nearby stool.

The temptation to say hello was unreal but he wasn't bothered. He watched in awe as the song prolonged, glancing down at the piano and up at you, occasionally taking a sip of his coffee. As the song came to an end he gave you a soft clap. "Your good" he said placing the coffee down and lending out his hand. "I'm Conor" you took his hand and gently moved it up and down.

"Y/N" you replied smiling before playing a small melody to keep the few customers intertwined with the music. "Your good" he stated again moving closer. "Thanks" you whispered blushing. You both sat in silence for a moment, but it wasn't awkward.. no it was calm like everyone else had faded away into the back ground of the slow blues music you were playing. "You come here often" he joked.

Giggling at his dumb pick up line "oh all the time my boyfriend works here" his face dropped as your uttered the word boyfriend. Smiling again you said "just kidding" the smile suddenly reappeared as he pulled out a fiver and scribbled something on the note. Before getting up and leaving giving you a cheeky wink.

As your shift ended you picked up the fiver thinking it was a tip before you saw the eleven digit number on it. You smiled grabbing your bag and nights pay before hopping into a taxi. Immediately you called the number and soon enough the same voice echoed down the phone.

"Glad you called wanna get coffee sometime" he said, a wide spread smile etched on your face you responded.

"Yeah I know just the place"

Hope you enjoyed that OMFG NEARKY AT 800 READS THO THANKS GUYS