Dan passed the glass and wood doors and walked up the ugly carpeted stairs.

The banister had cheap wood paint that starts to peel off as the years go by. The carpet had those normal library carpeting: the leaf design with blues, reds, greens and browns. The atmosphere was quiet, the simplest of mistakes being quieted down by the librarian who has been there for years, her glasses almost falling off her face. Dan could never imagine a section for video games in the library. But then again, Dan heard people cheering upstairs.

He became more hopeful and hurried up the stairs, getting shushed in the process.

He reached the non-stairs section and saw people crowded around the television. Dan inched closer, noticing that everyone there was part of the 'Gamer Group', but one person caught Dan's eyes. This person was kicking everyone's asses in Mario Kart. This person had black hair. Dan recognized this person; it was obviously Phil.

He waited until he was done with the course until Dan tried to contact Phil.

Good job! Dan said enthusiastically.

Thanks? Phil replied. With what.

Turn around.

Phil did what Dan telepathically said.

Dan smiled at Phil, who smiled back, his tongue peeking through his teeth (visual). Phil made his way over to his soulmate. To their friends, they were soulmates. Never been on a date, only has the friendly type of love. At least, that was in Dan's perspective.

Dan only then noticed what Phil was wearing.  It was the usual black skinny jeans but he was wearing a blue and green button down. Phil's Adam's apple was exposed but he wasn't showing the usual amount of neck. Was that creepy? Yep. That was creepy.

"How long have you been there?" asked Phil.

Dan shrugged. "Not too long. Just been here for the match or whatever it's called."

Race.

Phil blushed. "Sorry you had to witness that."

Dan waved him off. "No. You're pretty good. But I could beat you."

"I'll hold you to it, Howell."

"Never gonna happen, Lester."

"You'll never know." Phil paused, his smile was more suspicious than friendly. "So, why are you here anyways?"

Dan's brown eyes widened. "Just wanted to see if you were telling the truth. And I wanted to check out a book. I also wanted to get out before Felix came back and made me go to the party he's telling me to go to."

"Oh! You mean Marcus Butler's party. I'm going to that."

"I guess. To be honest, I have no idea who's party it is."

"You should come with me and Matt."

Dan smiled brightly. "Sure! I'd love to." Dan cringed, that sentence sounded too eager for him, too 'Sure I'll tag along because I have no friends'.

"We'll go to your dorm twenty minutes before the party."

Dan nodded. "Can't wait."

~

It was an hour before Phil and Matt came. Felix, as soon as Dan came back, told him about the party, who's dorm it was, what time it was.

"It'll be going on all night so someone has be sober at the end of the night," Felix added, though it was obvious that Dan tuned him out.