Chapter 31: Date Night

Start from the beginning

You nod and hand Lena a towel. She picks up (d/n) and starts to dry her off.

"Look at you. All clean and cereal-free. Mommy thinks you're so cute." Lena says wrapping a towel around (d/n) as (d/n) is laughing, showing off some of her growing teeth at the bottom of her mouth. "Look at that. She's showing off her tiny teeth now."

"She's been crying a bit during the process, huh?" You say, grabbing the (d/n) cocoon.

"Yeah. It's been tiring to deal with, as you know from yesterday, but it's worth it. Smile!" She says holding her phone.

You look and smile at (d/n) as she's smiling with her mouth open as Lena takes the picture. She shows it to you and makes that her wallpaper.

You bring (d/n) to her change table and put a new diaper on her as well as some new clothes. You hold her upright and kiss her forehead. She shares your (e/c), but from what little hair she has at the moment, you believe she has Lena's brown hair color.

You put her on her play mat after you change her and she starts to play with her toys, holding and biting them. You sit on the couch with Lena as you watch your daughter.

"So how are you holding up being a mother?" You ask her.

"It's amazing, but tough at the same time. It's a lot of work, and I do mean a lot, but it's rewarding. How about you? You like being a father?"

"I think you said what I'm thinking, though it's probably less work for me than you, since I'm usually the one who goes out for the missions or I'm in the garage working on my project. But when I'm with you two, they're my favorite moments of the day."

"Awww. That's sweet, love." Lena says as you two kiss. "As much as I love our daughter, I kinda miss times when it was just you and me, y'know?"

"You mean, me and not-"

"Yes I mean you. Come on, it's been over a year since then."

"I know. I'm only joking. Have you talked with her lately?"

"No. We may trade a text every so often, but we haven't truly talked to each other. She probably thinks I'm still in Asia for all I know."

You two sit and watch (d/n) on her play mat for a few minutes. She's so adorable holding a pink toy next to her plush duck (and eating the toy). Then you get an idea.

"Do you wanna go out for dinner tonight? Just the two of us?"

"Sure!" Lena says perking up, but then frowns. "But Ana is out on a mission. She can't watch (d/n)."

"Have you forgotten that my sister is here? I mean, she's only (d/n)'s aunt."

Lena smiles. "Oh yeah! Okay. You talk to your sister and I'll pick a place."

You take your phone out and start to text your sister, asking if she could watch (d/n) for a couple of hours. She responded a couple minutes later.

Lil' Blonde Munchkin (Krista)

Of course! Just tell me what to do when you get here and leave me a couple of (d/n)'s things.