2.2 / Distraction

Your Pov.

Well, it's safe to say I am the most awkward little nugget ever.

Nope, I don't think that'll change. I sighed as I sinked into the couch. The past few days were eventful.

Awkward shower accidents, awkward midnight snacks and awkward...everything! Ugh, it's too much. It wasn't like I wasn't thankful for him letting me sleep, shower and eat at his place, it was just...weird.

I never knew he had lived alone in such a tiny apartment. We made so many curves and climbed multiple staircases to get to his damn place.

But he was my friend. I know right, the day I actually gained a friend. It wasn't "Ritsuka's friend," he was mine. Phew that felt good to say. (AN: ;) )

The front door unlocked with a click as Okita emerged from behind. I glanced over until I quickly shifted my attention to a magazine laying on the coffee table.

" Oh...Hey. You're awake." Okita's surprised voice came from the kitchen not too far away. I just nodded not peeling my eyes from the magazine.

" The magazine is upside down..." Okita stifled a laugh before I could even realize what he was saying.

Aw shit. I awkwardly smiled over.

" Not so badass, are you now?" Okita bursted out laughing. The smile on my face left without a trace as I held a dropped dead look. " I'm laughing so hard."

" Pfffft, I know. Me too." He tried to speak through his constant laughs. I rolled my eyes. Okay, maybe it wasn't super awkward but moments like these were rare as much as I enjoyed them. I rubbed my elbow a little letting out a little smile.

" So, what did you buy?" I asked him as he seemed to calm down. He looked down at the three grocery bags filled with different items.

" Stuff." Okita shrugged as I scoffed. What I hadn't metioned earlier was, he changed in the past few days and I don't mean in a bad way. He's just been more open... I liked that. He took things out of the grocery bags lining them up on the counter. Hopping off the couch, I picked up the fish sauce.

" Fish sauce? Really?" I held up the bottle.

" What?" I rolled my eyes at his answer. " You said you didn't like fish." I proudly said remembering what he told me.

" Aw, you remembered." He chuckled. " Yeah, now answer my question." I demanded.

" Who said fish sauce had to be used for fish?" Okita shrugged once more. I lightly growled at how he wouldn't just tell me.

" Whatever." I exhaled as I looked at all the different items as he started putting them into the fridge.

" I'll make dinner tonight." I chirped slamming my palms onto the counter. He turned around and gave me a weird looking expression.

" What?" I tilted my head sideways watching him scratch theback of his neck nervously. I can never tell what he's thinking.

" I just... don't want you to burn down the kitchen. My kitchen." He said unsurely. Was he trying not to offend me?

" Besides, you're a guest." He added at the end.

" First of all, it's barely a kitchen." I pointed out as he huffed. "Second of all, you're gonna help me, you idiot. Third of all, think of as a thank you for letting me stay." I said as he stared at me blankly.

After a few moments of silence, he finally huffed out, " Fine." I gave him a grin as I went to the other side of the counter and started unpacking the packets of soba noodles.