2.7 / Walls

It's hard to tell when someone is in their right mind...with the exception of devils, exorcists, and you.

You sat on the couch with a hot cup of tea snuggled in endless number of blankets.

"Do feel better?" Okita asked kindly. You gave him a grateful nod sipping the tea but you weren't. You couldn't help feel a shiver go down your spine every once in awhile. You knew something was happening and you weren't there for it.

Curse your endless curiosity.

Both of you sat in silence not sure what to say. When you two got too close, you were both scared enough to end up avoiding each other. It sucked.

"What's wrong (y/n)?" His voice sounded tense like he was scared to ask. "Nothing." You said in the same tone.

"I'm sorry." He said. 

"Please stop apologizing." There was no plead in your voice. It was more stern than anything else. He hesitated to open his mouth but clammed it shut.

You saw his jaw clenched from the corner of your eye. You bit your lip looking in the opposite direction now. 

You felt safe in his arms minutes ago. You liked it but the uncontrolled rift between you two came back. It was like you had overcomed a wall just to have another one built up separating you both.

"You could sleep on my bed tonight. I'll sleep on the couch." Okita exhaled. He knew his couch wasn't the most comfortable even though you were fine with it (since it was better than sleeping on the cement).

"No no, it's fine." You shook your head. "C'mon (y/n). I know the couch isn't the most comfortable." 

"It's your place. I don't want you sleeping on the couch." Okita realized you were just trying to be polite and he saw through it.

"Okay." He sighed. "Tell me if you need anything. I'll be in my room." He gave you a small, unsure smile before he returned to his room. He was just glad you weren't hurt.

You gave out a deep breath hearing his door click this time. How many walls were you guys going have to tear down in order to face another one? You finished your tea before dropping on your side onto the couch.

Tired? Yes.

Confused? Yes.

Times like these, you couldn't do anything but think. You didn't want to exhaust your brain anymore than it already is though.

When one guy leaves, another one comes. Their all walls though, walls that keep me from peace right now. You laughed out loud at no one in particular.

You couldn't believe you used to wish for attention. You had some now and it already mentally exhausted you. How did Ritsuka even handle it?

Before you knew, you fell into a deep, quiet sleep. Okita creaked open his door seeing if you had fallen to sleep yet. He carried you to his room where hopefully you would sleep better.

You deserved the sleep after everything today. 

Kidnapped, mystical powers, devils. Yep, you needed the sleep.

He quietly shut his door before dropping onto his couch. It was his fault in the first place that you left, he thought. 

Protector, my ass. He thought scolding himself.

He says this over and over to himself but he shouldn't even have gotten close to you in the first place.

"Watch from afar. Make sure she's safe and doesn't do anything stupid. She's weak on the inside. Don't let her break." Okita nodded at his stern words.

"You were specially chosen for this job. Don't disappoint us." Okita nodded once more before excusing himself.

He shook the thought out of his head. He was supposed to protect you mentally and physically. It's obvious he wasn't doing his job.

You broke down crying in his arms earlier on and she could've caught a cold... He smacked his own head.

"Dammit." He cursed at himself but he felt a chill down his spine. Clutching onto his crucifix, he ripped it off his neck before shoving it in front of him at the window where Shiki looked in from.

Okita saw him laugh outside. His hair was wet even though the downpour had stopped and he wouldn't stop laughing like a child.

Shiki knocked on the window and Okita just shook his head as a response. No matter how fed up Shiki actually was, he maintained composure pointing at Okita to go out.

He bit his lip in hesitation. He shouldn't leave (y/n) alone but if he finds out what Shiki wants, he might just leave you alone. Okita grabbed his jacket and went outside pretty quickly.

"What do you want, Shiki." Okita growled.

"Where's (y/n)?" Shiki flew so close, their foreheads touched. "Not here." Okita breathed in his face.

"I don't know who you work for..." He held a low demonic tone. Even though, he was about to shit in his pants, Okita couldn't acted scared now.

"But try not to get to close to (y/n), okie?" His eyes glowed red but he backed away with a childish tone. He really was psychotic.

"So you could get even closer?" Okita asked. "I'll break you like a toothpick." There it was, that voice again and it sounded more like a threat. His chants don't work on fallen angels. 

Damn.

"Well, good talk. I need to go now." Shiki said before flying off. 

Why now...

He ran back up stairs contemplating in his kitchen. Shiki really wasn't joking, he knew that for sure. He ran his hand through his messy hair wanting to pull it out.

Okita face-planted onto the couch in defeat. He valued his life, obviously but the thought of him getting any closer to you irked him.

That's not going to happen. Okita thought drooling on the couch not knowing.

He needed to sleep too. After searching and worrying about you all day, it was well enough to say he was tired as hell too.

What made you so attractive?

That question ran through his mind millions of times yet he could always come up with a million more answers every time.

Everyday was tougher to get by too. Everyone got stressed and tired. 

Everyone has problems. 

Everyone has walls.

But did you just have more...?

~~~~~~~~

Heh, so funny story guys.

Before I started writing. I wrote a plot a guidelines to follow and I deleted it in one click. 0_0

I know, I know! I'm stupid as hell and I felt so frustrated so please bare with me if I got off track with this chapter! I'm trying to re-write my plot and hopefully find my pace in writing again.

Thank you for your patience!

Much love!

-Izzy