0.8 | Never Left

Your Pov.

"So where is this 'forbidden' grimoire, anyways?" I asked Ritsuka who seemed to dry her tears fast. "It's somewhere in our family, supposedly." She pressed her tongue to the inside of her cheek.

"Your family or "adopted" family, knows something very important to us and we
need to find out what they know." Rem's aura seemed to intensify around the four
of us as he said those words.

My eyes widened. So that's what he was talking about. We actually had some family secret! Which meant he was telling the truth... for once. Shit, that means-

"Ritsuka, wouldn't it be better for you to stay home..?" I suggested. Rem needs information from her and which I also recall needs her in general. "If those student council members have anything to do with this-"

"That's why I need to know. I need to know if Lindo is just lying to me or not. There's no way they can be devils, they're way too nice especially Rem!" Ritsuka let out along with her apparent frustration. Stop being so naive! It's meant to deceive you! By now, we've reached the school grounds and it's too late.

"Ritsuka, stop. You're not thinking straight-"

"Stop bossing me around, (Y/n). I need to know!" I grabbed her shoulders before she can turn away. This is too dangerous and risky. I could tell her what I know and about the deal right now but would that even help? "Ow! (Y/n)!" I tensed immediately letting Ritsuka go. Her shoulders were slightly frosted but it was too hard to notice with the naked eye. She looked panic but tried to calm herself.

"Why were y-your hands so cold?" She shuddered. "I.. got sick sleeping on the streets...Sorry." I mumbled feeling the guilt set in. Did I accidentally hurt her..?

Maybe I'm the monster...

"I'm going, you can come if you want and don't try to stop me." Ritsuka said hoarsely walking away and I followed obediently feeling the sense of loss. Why aren't I stopping her? I was too scared to hurt her again.

She kept a steady pace the whole time until they slowed down at the door steps of the third library. Her hand twitched forward at the handle but immediately retreated.

She was nervous with her eyebrows slanted downwards with her droopy eyes. But fate didn't give her a chance to wait as the door was opened by an unfamiliar face. He had electric blue hair and silver-ish eyes that gave me the chills.

"Hmph." The boy smiled in a mocking away judging us before leaving the door slightly ajar. When she finally had the guts, she went in and came in eye contact with Rem sitting at his desk. Ritsuka was ready to have some explaining done.
_______

"So he wasn't lying." Ritsuka mumbled. "Tch." She frowned looking lost and bit mad. "Isn't that a good thing though? Now you know Lindo wasn't lying, at least." I tried to say in my most soothing voice.

"How are you not upset though, (Y/n)? You're acting like as if this isn't big news! Well, this is, okay?! We came in contact with a devil! An actual devil!" I flinched at her words and then I watched her slowly crumble. Both Rem and Ritsuka had talked for at least an hour (if not more) until he finally confirmed that they were devils. Now here we are, sitting in the school's garden as I watch Ritsuka having a mini breakdown.

"I know. We touched him, we (more like only Ritsuka) trusted him and I'm scared, actually." I huffed a small laugh at the end. Her eyes softened.