"Oh, so Em picks you up, and you parents drop you off?" Derek asked, again annoying me with his question. And that is when my whole world came crashing down, which was after my brother answered his question. 

"No, Em drops me off and picks me up, because my parents left me and my sister when I was a baby." He said causing my eyes to widen at a non healthy width. I was shell shocked; Xavier never ever let anyone on our little secret. I mean I know he is four but, that was still not okay. Almost instantly I could feel the anger and disappointment boiling my blood to a non existing rate, and my hearty rate dropped to a non existing rate along with my blood streaming speed. 

"XAVER!!!!" I yelled causing him to cower in fear. Instantly I felt bad, never in my entire life have I yelled at him or hurt him, and now seeing him so scared of me made me feel all shitty. I took a step towards him and he took a step back. That's when really noticed the tears streaming down his beautiful baby face. 

"Xavier I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you or scare you I swear, it's just that...... you see it is important that, that stays between you and I, I'm so sorry sweet heart," I begged. I knew he was a kid and he will slip up, but I just can't lose him. And now i just might, because I was so afraid of losing him. Derek was standing there shell shocked as well, now he knew why I kept pushing him away, and why I couldn't tell him the reasons, and that bothered me the most. All this times I spent hiding both me and my brother, there was one thing I learned and that is never trust any one; even thought I knew had to trust some one soon. 

"Wait, so what you're saying is that, all this times you two have been living here alone?" Derek asked finding it hard to believe, not that I blame him.  i Nodded slowly lost for words, I didn't know what was going to happen or what he was going to do next. 

"But, Em, your only seventeen, and isn't that illegal?" he asked arching his eye brows. Now I knew for sure that I was going to faint, from lack of air or dehydration.  

"Please don't tell anybody if you do they are going to take my sis-," Xavier began, before I cut him off, making sure I was gentle with my voice this time before speaking. 

"Xavier honey, why don't you go up to you're room, and I will be there to talk to you soon," I addressed. He waited a while before sauntering up the stairs.

“So, now that you know the truth, what are going to do? Becau-” I began.

“Emily, is that what your little secret is? Is that why you didn't want to go out with me? Because you were afraid- what the hell are you afraid of exactly?” he asked looking frustrated and angry. The truth is I don't blame him, no one has ever been there for us like Derek has, you know except from Marci, and now she is...... well gone too I guess. People have a way of detaching us from their life's and well, after a while we start to expect it.

“Derek you don't get it.”

“Your right Em, I don't get it, so why don't you be so kind and explain it to me?” he asked. I didn't know weather he was being sarcastic, or weather he was serious, but I ignored him anyways.

“Derek, I think you should just leave,” I said walking to the door, right before I found my self pushed up against a wall, and starring into a beautiful sky, blue eyes; angry eyes, but they were still really cute. Wait, what the hell was I talking about, I don't like him. For some reason that thought hurt a little.

“No em, I'm not leaving with out an explanation, and without getting a yes from you to go on a date with me.” he said looking sexy as hell.

“And if I don't?” I challenged, some how relaxing. This is the last thing in the world I should be doing right now, but I decided to go with it anyways.

“Than I will have no choice but to drag you there, and believe me I will,” he stated with a sexy grin, that I wanted to smack off his face.

“I will think about it,” I teased not ready to let him win just yet. Derek's sent was driving me crazy with the sweet caramel which was  more like his personal aura than a perfume. The test of the smell was lingering on my mouth. I could almost test the crab apple and lavender to citrus, all the way through subtle driftwood and hushed amber and musk.

a smirk found it's way on to Derek's faceas he watched me with amusment,snapping me from the crazy thoughts, and sniffing him.

“I should probably go,” he breathed right next to my ear, for a second I thought I was going to faint. “But don't worry I will call you.” I listened still standing where I was against the wall as Derek closed the door and started walking down the porch ti his car.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

HERE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER. AND I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU COULD TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, AND THAT WAY I CAN UPDATE FAST.

                     SHOULD EMILY AND DEREK HAVE THIER FIRST DATE?

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

DONT FORGETT TO VOTE AND COMMENT,FAN, AND COMMENT AGAIN

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT, BUT I WANNA HAVE ATLEAST SIX COMMENT BEFORE MY NEXT UPDATE.  

LOVE,  REPUNZEL661 :)