chapter seven

Emily's P.O.V.

                  I woke up tangled in to my brothers blanket, and instantly looked to my side to see that my brother was not there any more. I slowly untangled my self from the sheet and proceeded to the door that was open for some reason. Once I was out the door a nurse, started walking toward me with a paper that looks like a note.

"Hi, Ms. Johnson..... uh-huh, your awake! Well I would just love to let you know that your brother is free to go home and this are his prescription for some medications, and other than that your free to take him home." she said after handing me the paper. Once I took the paper she left and I was so confused as to what the hell just happened, I thought she was coming to tell me where my brother is and she just walked away after she handed me the paper smiling. without letting that bother me, I headed to the recipient desk, and as I was about to ask her where my brother was, I heard him screaming in the garden, and just like that, I ran there with so much speed, I think vampires would have been so jealous, if they saw how fast I was.

"I'm gonna catch you little man, I'm gonna get you." Threatening, while laughing and chasing Xavier around, the hospitals beautiful, garden. They were both giggling like a girl and chasing each other. I stood at the door of the garden and watched as Derek, lifted my brother off the ground and threw him over his shoulder,pretending to be a predator after his pray. after a little bit of running around both Derek and Xavier sat down and started laughing at some kids who are trying to kick a ball but are failing miserably, I quietly sat down on a chair just by the door and watched them giggling from time to time, mostly at just how cute this two are. The way Derek was play with my brother was...sweet.

"Do you two want a room?" I joked walking toward them smiling from ear to ear like Garfield, just before he is about to eat john's lasagna.

"Em!" yelled Xavier running towards me in full speed. I quickened my speed forward so I could scoop him in my arm like a toddler.

"Hey, little man, what are you to doing, you know aside from enjoying this date, that I was not invited on, I thought we were friends her? What happened?" I joked, tossing my brother in the air, just to catch him before he greets the ground and becomes a pancake.

"Derek, and I are playing tag." he said messing with the curl of my hair while trying to get back on the ground.

"Hey, there, sleepy head, what made you decided to join us? Not that I'm complaining but shouldn't you be a sleep for a while?" Derek asked coming to stand behind me. He slowly brought his hands up just to wrap it around my waist like this is a normal thing, and were used to it. When in all reality Derek is a stranger to me, and here he is playing with my brother, and acting like a big brother, and I found that kind of cute.

"Thanks for taking care of him, while I slept." I said turning in his are to face him. He slowly moved away just in time to catch Xavier who was running full speed towards him. He jumped up and landed perfectly in Derek's arm.

"That was so fun we should do it again." he announced. Derek let out a sexy manly chuckle before copying my earlier move, and throwing my brother in the air just to catch him.

"Again, again, please"

"No, little man I think you will get sick and then I don't think your sister will like me all that much after that," replied Derek putting Xavier down gently. I stood where I was and watched them, arguing whether I would be okay with it or not. Suddenly I felt my head, trying to burst, I felt like my emotions and my mind where having an argument over something,but I didn't have the energy to ask both.

"Hey Em? I want to go home please?" Xavier whined bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Ya, the Doctor said you could go home and I want to keep you from school for a while so your body could slowly heal it's self, okay?" I asked even thought I knew he was going to agree to this without being asked twice. Once the words left my mouth I immediately regretted it. Xavier was now jumping up and down like he is hight on sugar. to make the whole thing better Derek was laughing like he is watching A.F.V.( America's Funniest Videos.)