chapter four

Derek's P.O.V.

"Where the hell are Drew and Mike?" I asked my sister, who was sitting on a couch waiting for some rerun marathons of Friends. God I'm so messed up now. How in the hell do I know the name of the show she is watching? I think I need some sleep.

"They went to save the bitch from school. I mean she just never know when to stop," said Savanna sounding really annoyed.

Savanna hates my girlfriend Anna. All honestly, I don't like her that much too. but I'm known to be the school's biggest player and what better way to keep up that image,than to date the school's cheerleader. she is considered a slut-girls could be so cruel; and Savanna hated her for precisely that reason. just for that reason. As the future Alpha of the Diamond moon pack, I knew I only had a limited amount of time before my father steps down and hands me the title; so I'm indulging myself. 

"Savanna, call Drew and tell him to get his ass back here, because we need to talk about a very important pack business, before the  meeting," I commanded using my Alpha tone; even though I hate doing that to my sister. However, the guild was short lived when she nodded and ran off, but not before sticking her tongue out at me.  Savanna is the type of she wolf that doesn't listen, without putting up a fight or kicking someone in the groin. 

Learned that the hard way.

I decided to just head to my office until Drew shows up for the meeting. The meeting isn't something that's very important I guess. however,It was all Drew's idea, so I decided to indulge him. As one of the few unmated wolf's, I did have more free time than many of the mated wolves, but I still craved to find my mate, like the few, who haven't found theirs yet.

Emily's P.O.V.

"Xavier, honey wake up we're finally here," I said feeling  tired from the long drive. I have managed to drive the for the past two days, only stopping when necessary, or when Xavier complained. I didn't know if I could keep my eyes open any longer. once I saw the place, I rented online, the prior week, all I wanted to do was, go inside and crash. unpacking could wait for all I cared.

"Really Em? Were here? Yippies," shouted Xavier giving me a bigger head-each. I didn't think it was possibly for the pounding in my head to get any worse. but I was wrong.

"Em can I please go pick a room in the house? I want to have the biggest room." said Xavier, again demonstrating with his hand, how big he wanted the room.Unfortunately, I didn't have the energy to tell him no; I just nodded and he went jumping out of the car. I dragged myself out of the car and followed after Xavier into the house.

"I need a nap Xavier. Do you think you can play quietly upstairs?" I asked, hoping my weak voice would be an indication of just how tired I was. " And don't even think about going outside." I continued. " do you hear me?" I finished, not bothering to wait for his response before heading towards the couch in the small living area.

"Alright, alright Em, I will stay in the house," he said running up the stairs. two seconds later, there was a very loud noise upstairs.

"Xavier what the hell?" I yelled.I wasn't sure what the noise was, but I was sure, who caused it.

"Sorry Em, I was trying to see how strong this wall is so I kicked it." he said sounding upset; almost like he was about to cry.

"And why are you upset? Weren't you the one who kicked the wall?" I asked, even though I was totally going to regret asking.

"Ya but it hurt me. Then I tried to hit it back using my captain Jim robot but it broke. The wall broke  it Em, the wall broke my robot," he said now actually crying. He walked down the stairs, his face scrunched up in despair. I turned around and screamed into my pillow as loud as I could.

"Come here honey," I said stretching my arms out for him. "lets both sleep for a little bit okay? we both have school on Monday so let's just sleep and I promise once we wake up, I will take you to a Pizzeria and we will have dinner okay?" I asked trying to calm him down. He nodded and pointed at his now broken robot.

"And I swear I will buy you a new robot on Monday. right after school, okay?" I asked again so he could get a peaceful night sleep.He nodded once more, before crawling under the blanket and laying his head over my stomach, trying to get comfortable. Soon Xavier was snoring. So I decided to go to bed to. the minute my head touched the pillow, I went in to an amazing sleep that I so badly wanted and needed, but haven't gotten in awhile.

******************

The next morning I woke up feeling refreshed and relaxed. I woke up at five-thirty and took a quick shower before starting on breakfast for my brother, before driving him to school. Once I was done with breakfast, I woke up Xavier, so he can also jump in for a quick shower, before having breakfast. Xavier is so used to waking up so early that he didn't even complain when I dragged him into the shower. 

Soon he was dressed and ready to have breakfast at the table. He was dressed and ready, faster than I expected. After washing the dishes and getting both mine and Xavier's backpack, I headed back to the kitchen where my brother was waiting all ready by the door.

"Let's go Hun. Don't want to be late for first day of school." I grabbed his hand one the way out the door, and proceeded to the car.

" Em what time are you going to pick me up from school?" he asked curiously.

"Don't worry Hun. I will come right after school I get out about fifteen minutes before you do, so that should be plenty of time to come and get you," I assured him, proud of the plan I just came up with. 

Once I dropped Xavier off at his school, I headed off to mine. After about ten minutes of drive I ended up in the school's parking lot, where a crowd  of student were standing and talking by their cars. When I got out of my car, I felt almost everyone's eyes on me. Great. being the new kid was always such a joy.

ignoring the attentions of the students, I bent down to pick up my backpack, and head for class, when I suddenly felt a hand on my wait.

"You have about ten seconds to remove your hands from my waist or I will show you how gravity works." I warned, pissed that this guy had the nerve to not only approach me, but also touch me.

"Oooh, feisty I like it. What's your name sugar?" he asked, his voice sending unwanted shivers down my spine. 

"Well, honeybun,"   I  said, the sarcasm dripping off my words. "I suggest you move your hands, or your balls are about to kiss my knees," I warned mocking his tone in my speech. My response caused a round of oohs and ahhs to erupt from the slowly forming crowd. With a brow raised, I stepped forward ready to punch him. seeing what was coming, he sidestepped me, moving out of my way. Good choice. 

"Just in-case you change your mind, the name's Mike," he said extending his hand for me to shake.

"And just-in-case you change your mind, I'm the girl you don't want to mess with," I threatened, coolly eyeing him before I turned and walked away towards the school. Feeling satisfied with myself, I  walked to the registry office, to pick up my schedule, before heading to class.

*****************

Vote! comment!