chapter six

Derek's P.O.V.

I was so frustrated. she wouldn't let me touch her, which driving my wolf and I crazy. God, can this girl be any more frustrating. I slowly scooted toward her and tried for the second time to put my hand over her shoulder. and just like the first time, she shrugged it off. Without thinking, a threatening growl escaped my lips. 

She started laughing at something Savannah said and I couldn't help but watch the way her whole face lit up, when she smiled. I found myself drawn to the sound of her laughter. My wolf was going crazy, begging to mark his mate. Suddenly her phone started vibrating in her pocket and of course I heard it first, thanks my heightened senses. She slowly got up and picked out the phone from her back pocket. She looked down at the and the expression on her face changed. automatically I knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong Emily?" I asked worried. 

"Nothing," she lied, and I could tell that she was lying because of the way she was trying  not to make eye contact. I decided to ignore the feeling that something was wrong and just focused on spending some times with her. I was just so happy that I found my mate. I was so caught up in admiring her,  that I didn't even notice her getting up and leaving, until I felt my wolf howl for her. 

"Yes, this is Emily Johnson" she began,  so many emotions crossed her features. I wanted to kill the person responsible for causing her those negative emotions.

"Yes I would be there just in a minute. just hold on please, I will be over in just a minute." she added before storming out of the cafeteria, with tears flowing down her face. I couldn't sit any more.  I want to hold her in my arm and kiss all of her problems away. I made my way through the cafeteria following her, when I felt Savanna behind me. 

"Derek we should follow her and see what wrong with her." she said falling in steps with  me. she didn't have to tell me twice. A minute later, I jumped into my car and followed her through the busy street of Denver. I couldn't figure out where she was going until she turned the corner, that leads to Hugely-Denver Hospital.

"Why do you think she is going to the hospital? do you think her mother is sick, or dying because I would hate if that happened to her." said Savannah. I was surprised I was even able to hear her, as I have tuned her out, focusing on my mate.

" I don't know Nahnah, but let's just hope that's not the case." I said using my nickname for her. It was true it would kill me to see her so upset and I was willing to do anything just to keep that beautiful smile that I loved so much on her face. 

Soon we arrived at the hospital and she was getting out of her car and I was surprised to find that she was still on her phone, and rushing out of her car and into the hospital. It didn't take long for me to find her scent  to follow her into the hospital. 

"Savannah, come on. Hurry up I don't have all day." I said impatiently. And she knew better than to test me right now.  less than a minute later, We walked  up to the nurses station to ask her where Emily was headed, when I spotted her crying on a bench in front of a room where an adorable little boy laid on a bed. 

He looked exactly like her. for a second anger boiled through me like a hot lava, despite my attempt  to control my wolf, who was trying to come out and demand who this kid was. He looked like her. was he her son? I turned my head so I could get a glimpse of  the little boy, when  I saw Savannah sitting there and comforting her. I didn't know weather to be angry or sympathetic. she was  clearly hurting,but I was conflicted trying to figure out what this kid meant to her. could he possibly be her son?

"What's wrong, what happened to him." Savannah questioned. I didn't want to move but my wolf was demanding some answers. However, despite what my wolf wanted, right now isn't the right time to make a commotion in the middle of the hospital.  I slowly made my way to her and engulfed her in my arms. I didn't care that she probably had a son I didn't care that people were staring at us. all I wanted  was to comfort her and take care of her.

"It's okay Emily he is going to be fine just give it some time," I assured, as she sobbed into my chest. I wasn't even sure what was wrong with the kid. 

Emily's P.O.V.

I was sobbing my  heart out and I didn't care. I didn't care I was crying into a stranger's chest, or that they followed me to the hospital. all I wanted to do was  crawl into a ball and disappear. I didn't want my brother hurting or suffering in anyways, and it broke my heart to see him in any kind of pain.The doctors said he hit his head, which was what gave him concussion when he fell.

"Miss Johnson?" some one said from behind me, causing me to pull away from Derek.

"Oh-hi Dr. Nelson, how is he doing?" I stuttered, trying not to sound like I've been crying, even though it was obvious. But she didn't seem to notice, and if she did, she didn't say anything about it, which I was grateful for. 

"Ms. Johnson, I just wanted to let you know that your brother is doing great, he is responding to our treatments, and he should be awake really soon," she began.  "you could go in there and wait if you'd like." she added. 

 I was trying so hard to fight tears threatening to spill, as I made my way to Xavier's room. Just before walking in, I looked over at Derek and noticed that he was smiling at me. 

"Your brother is going to be fine, you know. no need to  worry." he said  walking towards me. Once he  reached me, he took my hand and sat down at the foot of my chair and started playing with the hem of my shirt. as we sat in comfortable silence, Xavier stirred opening his eyes.

"Hey, baby boy, you're okay, I'm so glad you're okay" I said lightly brushing my thumb across his face.

"Em, I want to go home," he began "I don't want to be here I want to be home with you ." he sobbed. I didn't understand how he knew where he was. he must have been awake when they brought him in. 

"It's okay, I will be here with you and I promise I won't leave, I will be her every time you wake up. and go back to sleep," I cooed.  "in the morning I will take you home," I promised. 

"Okay." he said before quietly snuggling into my side and slowly closing his eyes. After what felt like hours, his breath became even and he finally fell asleep. Once I was sure he was a sleep, I decided to move from where I was laying. 

I slowly got up and started walking to the door where Derek and his sister were quietly chatting. There was three of them now, just standing and talking amongst themselves. I realized that the new guy standing there was Drew, who was holding on to Savannah like she was going to disappear.

 I so wished that that was me and Derek, holding onto one another like that. Wait what? Did I just really think that? Maybe I need to sleep. Just when I was about to get back in the warm bed with my baby brother, a hand reached out and gently grabbed me. 

"You know you could go home right you don't have to stay here."I said, when Derek came to stand in front of me. so he could just leave.

"I know, but I want to stay here with you." he said.

"Okay," I  agreed.I quickly gave Drew and Savannah a hug and retreated back into the room, and headed for my brothers bed while Derek took the chair. 

********************************

Vote 

Comment!