Chapter Nine

HEY PEOPLE, SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT, BUT I WANNA MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS WITH A CHAPTER. THANKS, VOTE COMMENT, AND FAN :)

         (Sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes.)

               I opened the door only to be greeted by a smirking Derek. God does this kid not sleep, it's eleven thirty and he is here, smiling at what?

      "Do you not sleep?" I asked, I was some what happy that he was here, but I was willing to let him see that. He slowly pushed the door wider and step in, which caused him to come about an inch away from my face.

            "Something tells me you are not disappointed to see me," he shot back. Damn I'm that predictable. "so what movie are we watching to night?"

       "Derek we are not going to watch any movies, I just put my brother to bed, and I would love to get some rest too," I said before stepping out of the way, to let him in to the house. He smile grew wider just before entering the house entirely.

Derek walked passed me and into the living room, where the TV was turned on and blazing with commercials. He walked into the the living area and flopped himself down on the brown,long leather couch.

              "So, where are your parents?" he questioned smiling at........what the hell is he smiling at?

          "Their a sleep," I lied, hoping he wouldn't notice me shaking. I've always been a terrible liar and people noticed quickly,and that resulted in us moving over and over again.

             "Wow, already?" he asked believing my lie. Wow that was easy, and what is wrong with this kid, it's almost twelve O'Clock and he is asking why their already asleep. Ignoring his question, I turned the volume on the TV up, so I could tune him out. I did this so I could just annoy him.

                    "so, not to be rude and all, but why are you here?" I asked turning the TV off completely. He turned his head slightly to the side like he is trying to read me before speaking.

                "Well I came to ask you out, but you look a little sleepy," he joked, my breath caught in my throat for a while until I realized he was joking. Or was he?

             "Ha ha ah, funny, why are you really here Derek." I didn't care that sounded mean, this kid was getting on my last nerve. I mean he is hot and all, and I might have a thing for him, but there is no space for a relationship for me now. even with new life, new school, and new beginning, I cant help but, be afraid of the things that are or will be hunting as. I have this fear of opening up to people, after my parents left. I push people who want to be friends with me away, afraid of losing my little brother. The loss of my parents did more damages than good. I lost who I used to be and became what I feared the most. I feel like a criminal running from law. I lost the outgoing personality I used to have. I lost my care free brother who used to enjoy life and not care about anything. Now all Xavier really worries about is not losing me, like he did with mom and dad. He is four, he shouldn't have to worry about that, he shouldn't have to pass out in class, because he was paranoid and stressed, that is my job, and it makes me feel really bad putting my brother through this.

              "Em, are you okay, you've been starring off in to space, are you okay?" Derek's voice echoed pulling me out of my thought. I smiled reassuringly, hoping that would work and not make him ask any more questions. I hated being questioned or asked about my sorry excuse of parents.

"No, I'm fine, sorry about that," I answered his previews question.

                   "so, what should we do?" he asked scooting closer to me. I started getting nervous from the approximate closeness. I looked down at my hands and noticed the sweating. I balled my hands in to a fist to prevent any signs of my nervousness. Derek dipped his head lower until he was about an inch away from me. My breath caught in my lunges and I felt like I could breathe. My thoughts were spinning in circle and I couldn't form a proper language.