"Fine don't tell me, but you still owe me a dollar, and by that I mean you both owe me a dollar," he finished. This caused Derek to stop laughing, and stare at Xavier like he grew a second head, or like he just said something that did not add up. 

"Wait I get why she owes you a dollar but, what the hell did I do?" he asked trying not to laugh, but failing miserably.  

"Did I say one, well I mean two, I'm so going to be rich before we eat dinner today," he said with a cocky smile. 

"Two, why the h-," 

"Derek, the next sentence out of your mouth better be fine I will give you the two dollars or you would leave this house with one less body part than you came in," I warrened causing him to smile, what the hell is wrong with this guy, I just told him, he had to shut up and he is smiling? I glared at him before heading to the kitchen, where I found my phone buzzing. 

I picked up the phone with shaking hands, and put it to my ears before speaking. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi, may I please speak to.....Ms. Emily Johnson?" spoke a very feminine voice, I did not recognize the voce, but I was sure it was not some one I knew. 

"This is her, who is this?" I asked careful not to freak out. 

"Well miss, Johnson, this is Alexandra Kyle and I'm calling to let you know that we have a proved you application, and you can start you job anytime, but we would prefer you start as soon as possible," she said making me almost dropped my phone in ecstasy, I was so happy I finally got a job and I could support my brother who I'm so sure, will need a lot of taking care of, this was just the best news I've recieved this whole week, and I was kind of running out of money too. 

"O.M.G. thank you that is a great new, I will start tomorrow after school, but I need to talk to you about another program that I was told you guys offer, and was wondering if there is anyways, I could call you later too talk to you about it?" I asked curious and shaky, at the same time thinking  that she would say no. 

"Sure thing sweetheart but make sure it is before nine, because we close at nine," she advised sounding sweet. I thanked her several time before hanging up and jumping up and down in the kitchen. I can't believe I finally found a job, which is good enough to support both me and my brother. I was really happy, and maybe this way, I would still go unnoticed, and live a beautiful life without having the fear of losing my brother every single day. 

"So, where are your parents, because you know I came to meet them, and tell them that their daughter is a very mean person," Derek joked from the kitchen door, cutting me from my line of thoughts about my fantasy house. How rude. Who does that? That's when it hit me. The question that Derek asked. It all came rolling down my stomach, until it got to the bottom and I could have swore it went right through me. 

"They went out," I lied again, just as my brother came in to the kitchen with a wet towl in his hand, and trying to remove the previous make up. 

"So, who picked your brother up from school?" he asked. Okay right now he is starting to get annoying, what's with the twenty questions? I wondered in my head. 

"Em picked me up from school," Xavier answered beating me to the answer. I didn't expect that but, some how it sounded a lot more normal when he said it.  

"And what time do you get out of school, little men?" Derek asked flicking Xavier's nose with his index finger. 

"First off, he is four and not old enough to tell time, and second off don't do that he hates it," I answered before Xavier could, saving him the outburst, which he probably had it coming.