Epilogue

Epilogue

Leaving.

It's hard for some,

Easy for others.

For me,

it's like I'm letting go.

Of worries,

fears,

memories...

Zooming past the trees that lead to there.

My home,

My heart.

I'm leaving him,

left him my heart.

It's time,

to be myself.

/*\/*\/*\

The perfect word to explain my thoughts is:

Lost.

I don't know where to go. Where I belong. I'm on my motorcycle currently zooming to my house. I had stopped by Kim's house, grabbed my stuff, and said 'thanks for letting me stay'. I gave her hug, and almost didn't let go. But I had to. I got to my house, and went up to my room. I packed up the important stuff. Leaving the bigger things. I looked at Jet, and almost fell to the ground. I grabbed his stuff, and leash. I grabbed the money in my top drawer... Thousands of dollars that I've saved up from fighting.

I grab my Jeep keys, and take everything to my Jeep. I put Jet in the passenger seat, and look at my bike longingly. I'll have one of my buds bring it to me. I get in my Jeep, and head to the fighting arena.

I park my Jeep, and get out swiftly. I walk in, and look around the mostly empty room. I look at the bar and see Michael. I walk over, and tap the counter to get his attention. He looks up and when he sees me he smiles. I keep a straight face, which causing him to frown.

"What's wrong?" he asks. I look down, then face him with slightly watery eyes. Michael has always been there for me, and I don't want to leave him so abruptly.

"I'm leaving," I say with a shaky breath, "I won't be back until senior year is over, and probably the summer."

He looks at me with fierce eyes. "Why?" he croaks out. I take a deep breath.

"Everyone knows. They know about my mom. They know how to hurt me. I can't be vulnerable. I need to take time to get over this. Seeing my dad get married is not going to help," I explain. He exits the bar, and gives me a hug. I wrap my arms around his waist, and he hugs me tightly.

"I'm going to miss you Em," he says quietly. A sob escapes my mouth, and I feel something wet hit my shoulder. I figure out that he is crying, which makes tears fall silently from my eyes.

"I'm going to miss you too Mike," I let out with a sob. He lets me go, and wipes the tears from my eyes. "I'm coming back. Just wait. I'll be back soon enough, and I'll take my title back."

"You better. It's going to be a mess without you," he states with a light laugh.

"Goodbye Michael," I say slowly. He looks at me with sadness.

"Bye Emma," he replies. I leave the arena, and get back in my Jeep. I wipe my eyes, and head to my next destination.

I get out at The Spot, and go inside. Jax is setting up for his next session, while Nate is talking to other crew members. The door shuts loudly, causing everyone to look at me. Nate smiles at me, and starts to walk over. Jax finishes what he's doing, and strides over to me. Nate hugs me, and Jax looks at me curiously. I smile weakly, and immediately they know something is up.