Chapter 19

Chapter 19

During dinner my dad and Anna chat about the wedding, and I just eat silently as Axel uses his phone with frantic fingers. All of a sudden, Anna looks at me with a cheerful expression.

Shit! Did she ask me something?

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" I ask, completely confused. Axel snickers at me silently. I glare at him, but look at Anna when she starts talking. 

"I was wondering if you would like to be one of my bridesmaids?" she repeats. My body tenses, and my face becomes blank.

"I'm sorry Anna, but I can't do that," I answer, and abruptly stand up. "May I be excused?" I ask quietly. Axel stares at me with a facial expression that tells me he is trying to study me. I look at my dad, and can tell he is disappointed in what I said.

"Emmaline, please think about this before answering. It would mean a lot if you did this," my dad's says, ignoring my question. I become rigid, and my anger flares.

"I'm sorry dad, but I don't need to think about this. My answer is no, and that is final," I state through clenched teeth. This seems to trigger something in my dad, as he abruptly stands up, barely towering over my tense figure.

"Emmaline, you need to get over this. We have already been over this, and you are just making this engagement so much harder then it needs to be. So please just do this for me," he growls out. I look into his eyes, and see a form of anger and frustration. A tear falls down my cheek, and I wipe it away hastily; not wanting anyone to see me vulnerable. I look at my dad with narrowed eyes.

"I can't get over the fact that you're doing this so easily. It would've been easier if you told me about this before it begun. And as for the offer, my answer will forever be no!" I yell. My dad looks at me stunned. "I'm leaving. I need some space, and if you are smart Evan you will give me it. Goodnight Axel," I say while going up to my room. I pack a bag, and leave the house.

I sigh, realizing I don't know where to go. All of sudden, a light bulb goes off, and I start towards the familiar house; thinking about what I said, and what my dad said.

I arrive at my destination, and walk up the familiar walkway. I stare at the house, and remember all the memories. It hasn't changed much, just the lawn is slightly tidier, and the house seems slightly dried up. The colors have seem to become a white, and the roof seems to have become a lighter grey. I knock on the door, and wait patiently. I hear scrambling inside, and see lights turn on. It is pretty late, so I'm kind of surprised they're still awake. 

The door opens, and reveals a half-naked Ashton. My eyes slither down his body, but go straight to his face when I realize I'm checking him out. He smirks, and then gives me a look of confusion as if asking what I was doing there. Well, he probably is wondering what I'm doing here. 

"I had another argument with my dad, and didn't have anywhere else to go. So, yeah..." I trail off starting to think this is a bad idea. "You know what, this was a terrible idea. I'm just going to go somewhere else," I start walking away, but a hand wraps around my forearm; stopping me from going anywhere. I look at Ashton with confusion, and he let's go. 

"No, it's okay. You can stay, just let me tell my mom," he says. I nod, and follow him inside. I've never been inside his house. I've only came with my mom when she came to drop something off. It seems homey, and they're a lot of pictures of little Ashton. Kim is the kind of woman to show off her family, not because she wants attention, but because she loves them a lot, and can't keep it to herself. I never met, and/or saw Ashton when he was little; only heard of him. I know a lot of things about him, of when he was little. That's why I've never liked him a lot, I knew what he would become, and what he was trying to become.

He leads me to what I'm guessing is the guest room, and tells me that this is here I'll be staying. He then, excuses himself to go tell his mother that I'm here, and will be staying for a while. I unpack a little bit, but not much because I don't want to have to repack too much if I end up going somewhere else. I leave the room, and walk to where I hear voices. I come to a stop, and listen in on the conversation. I know it's bad to eavesdrop, but I can't help it. 

"Do you know what's going on with Emmaline and her father?" I hear Ashton say in a quiet voice. I hear Kim sigh.

"It's complicated Ash, it's been going on since she was eight. It looks like their relationship is strong, but they're only running away from the past," Kim replies to Ashton. I suck in a breath at that, and think: Are we really like this?

"What happened in the past?" Ashton asks. I stay quiet, waiting for Kim to reply.

"That's Emma's story to tell," Kim answers. Ashton sighs, and I decide to come out of my hiding spot. I look at Kim with a smile, and she smiles back at me.

"Thank you for letting me stay with you Kim," I thank. She brushes it off with a wave of her hand.

"Don't worry about it, this should be fun," she says. She yawns. "Alrighty, well I'm off to bed. You kids be good, no funny business," she tells with a smirk. I roll my eyes playfully, and say a quiet 'goodnight'.

Ashton looks at me with a smirk, and my niceness disappears. He comes towards me and whispers in my ear.

"You know, she never said there were any rules," he states. I smirk.

"Please, save your breath. You'll probably need it to blow up your next slut," I reply. He glares at me, and my smirk widens. 

"You really want to do that princess," he asks rhetorically. 

"Nah, I'd rather do your best friend," I state with sarcasm. He pushes me against the wall, and puts both of his hands beside my head. He smirks.

"Well, people say I'm better," he points out. I roll my eyes, and look him in the eyes.

"You're as good as my grandma," I smirk. He scowls, glaring at me. 

"Don't push my buttons, Emmaline," he states. I look at him with a determined expression. 

"You push mine just being in your presence," I say with a blank face. His face starts to turn red, as his jaw clenches. I smirk. "Don't get too mad that I'm turning you down."

He looks me in the eyes, and I can see the anger swirling around along with something else. I can't quite make it out, but it's causing him to not be punching me right now. His body is tense, and his muscles rigid. It's kind of hot. What?! I'm a girl, and I have things called hormones. Which are spiked right now.

I place a hand on his shoulder, and he flinches. I look him in the eyes.

"Calm down, Ash," I whisper. He sighs. 

"Goddammit Emma. You're driving me crazy," he whispers to himself. I raise and eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I ask. He looks me in the eyes.

"You make me so angry, but at the same time you're so fucking attractive," he says with a deep sigh. I don't say anything. He examines my face for answers. Before saying, "You know what? Screw it, I'm doing it."

Before I can respond, he smashes his lips on to mine. He wraps his arms around my waist. I slowly kiss him back, and wrap my arms around his neck. When he pulls away he says one thing that leaves me speechless.

"Please let me have you."

/*\/*\/*\

Well... That changed quickly. So sorry for not updating quicker. What do you guys think of Emma and her dad's fight? What do you think of Emma and Ashton? Do you think they're good for each other, or it's just lust?

Anyways hope you have an amazing day or night wherever you are in the world.

Please... Comment... Vote... Share &... Follow...

~BeautifulDreamer~

Love y'all.