Chapter 15

So, I've changed the title of the book, and the cover. I personally made the cover, and I hope y'all enjoy the new name.

Chapter 15

Tuesday morning. It's usually not that bad, but today just felt extremely gloomy. It may have been from last night or that today was the day that... she died. 

After doing my morning routine, and sluggishly going downstairs; my dad was looking at me expectantly. I try smiling up at him, but he sighed and hugged me tightly. 

"Will you be alright with going to school today?" he asks with raised eyebrows. I shrug.

"Yeah, it's been ten years. It's time for me to move on," I answer with question hinted in my tone. He smiles, and kisses my forehead. After final goodbyes, I start on my way to school, taking my Jeep instead of my motorcycle. 

I reach school soon enough, and continue inside to my locker. The morning continued on slowly, and I guess the boys were picking up on my mood; so they stayed back a little, not pushing me. Which I was okay with. 

It finally reaches lunch, and I slowly trudge to the lunchroom. I grab a salad and water, before heading to my table. I sit down, and put on my music. The boys sit down, and don't bother me. Then all of a sudden, I hear the cafeteria quiet down, and the boys start looking around. I take off my headphones, and look up. Then, I  see Nathaniel and Jax standing by the entrance looking around; in all their glory.

What the heck are they doing here?! 

I stand up and scurry over to them. They look at me, and smile brightly. 

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I ask. They chuckle, but then their facial expressions darken. 

"We know what today is," Jax states. I frown, and look down. Nate lifts my chin up and gives me a reassuring smile. "Wanna sit?" Jax asks.

I shrug, and turn to walk to my table. They follow, and when we reach my table, I make the guy scoot over for them to sit. The guys all look at them with glares, and questioning eyes. Jax sits on my right, and Nate sits on my left. Before I can introduce them to the guys; one of the barbies of the school comes over, and runs her hand down Jax's arm. I roll my eyes, and watch the scene unfold in front of my eyes. 

"Hey babe, wanna hang out later?" she asks. Jax scoffs, and pushes her arm away. 

"No thanks, why don't you go ask one of the jocks here who will most likely say yes to your fake ass and boobs; which are probably smaller than you make them look," Jax answers with a smirk. I chuckle. The boys look at him shocked. Nate is just smirking. 

The girl scowls, and walks away; directly to a jock who's smirking his butt off. I fist bump Jax and Nate, and the boys start to break out of their trances. 

"Okay, it's about time you introduce us," Axel butts in. I chuckle, and nod my head. 

"Boys, this is the famous Jax Wild; street dance leader, and old friend. And this is Nathaniel Smith, you can just call him Nate though, he's a part of Jax's crew, and my old best friend forever," I explain, then I turn to Jax and Nate. "Other boys, they are Axel Dylan, Ashton Grey, Jaden Song, Hunter Dawson, Blaze Colton, and Mason Deverez; also known as the school's "bad boys"," I introduce the boys. They all nod at each other. "So what are you guys doing here?" I ask Nate and Jax. They shrug, and look at each other.

"We know what today is and wanted to make sure you were okay," Nate answers first. 

"And,  I wanted to tell you when our next practice was," Jax says," Which is Friday." I nod in understanding. I look at Nate and he smiles warmly. 

"How you been lately?" Nate asks. I shrug.

"I've been okay," I answer. The boys all scoff, and I look at them with a glare. 

"She's been moping around, looking like a dead zombie," Jaden states. I give him a blank look. "What? It's true."

"It's not even that. It's that you said 'dead zombie'," I explain, Nate chuckles. Jaden gives me a look saying 'what about it?'. I mentally face palm. "Zombies are dead dumbass, you don't have to say dead zombie." 

He makes an 'o' with his mouth. The guys chuckle. Then Nate looks at me with sadness.

"Em, it's okay for you to be sad. You're allowed to have emotions," Nate states. I frown, before blanking my face of any emotions. 

"Guy, my dad is moving on, so I should move on too. Plus it's been ten years now, I can't hold on forever," I whisper the last part. Nate's eyes droop with sadness, he pulls me in for a hug, and I don't push away. He kisses my forehead, while Jax rubs my arm. I look at him, and for the first time in a while his face shows concern. Our moment is ended when someone clears their throat. I look over and see the guys rubbing the back of their necks, and looking around everywhere. I pull back from Nate and giggle. 

I look at Jax, and he is slowly recomposing himself. I roll my eyes at him, and he catches it. He pulls me into his side, giving me a sloppy kiss on the cheek. I push away quickly, my eyes widening in terror. He bursts out laughing at my expression, banging the table with his hand to control himself. Once the table calms, Nate decides to break the silence. 

He looks at me, and then looks at my lunch. "I see you're still on that "diet". Does that mean you're still fi--," I interrupt him by elbowing him in the ribs. He holds on to his side to help calm the pain. The boys look at me suspiciously, while Jax has a well-known smirk on his lips. 

"What was he trying to say?" Jaden asks curiously. I clear my throat, and calm my nerves. 

"U-Uh, he was going to say... 'does that mean you're still fighting the bet of me becoming fat'," I blurt out. They look like they don't believe me, but Jax comes to my rescue. 

"We made a bet a while back, and Nate said that Emma couldn't hold back the desire to eat junk food, and would become fat. It's just around the time of Emma receiving her fifty bucks," Jax butts in. I look at him with a thanking look, and he just smirks. I check the time, and realize it's just around the time for me to leave. 

I stand up, and look at Nate and Jax. "Time for me to escort you guys out."

They nod, and stand up. They say goodbye to the boys, and we walk to the entrance of the lunchroom. I hug Nate goodbye, and when I hug Jax he whispers in my ear.

"I don't owe you now."

They leave, and I walk back to the boys who have curious eyes. I brush them off, and hurry out of the lunchroom while throwing away the rest of my lunch. I reach my locker as the bell rings, and scurry to my next class.

/*\/*\/*\

Such a gloomy day for Emma. Do you guys know what today was?

I hope you guys enjoyed this. It isn't the best considering I'm not in an awesome mood, but you would know if you read "What's Going On?". It's my new book, and just tells you what's going on with me, and my life. 

Anyways, Please... Comment... Vote... Share &... Follow

Kayla

Love y'all.