Chapter 3

Emmaline's POV

Wake up in the mornin' feelin' like P-Diddy

Grab my glasses I'm out the door I'm gonna hit this city

Before I leave brush ma teeth with a bottle of Jack

'Cause when I leave for the night I ain't comin' back

My phone goes off, signaling that someone sent me a text. Since it woke me up, I groan and roll over in my bed, mentally stabbing the person who dares to wake me up at... four o'clock in the freaking morning! Groggily I check the text and notice it's from Camela. With a sigh, I open it.

Hey Emma, wanna come pick me up? I'm kinda lost... I need your help!

A sigh escapes my lips as I send a text back.

Sure, where are you at?

Deciding that I should get ready to go, I get up going into the bathroom as my phone buzzes. Quickly stopping to check the message and I notice it's her location, so I don't send a message back and get into the shower. After I briefly shower I change into a white t-shirt, with a dark blue denim jacket over it. I pull on a pair of black skinny jeans and black no-show socks. To finish the look, I brush my hair out and keep it down. Then I put on a simple necklace that says "be brave". Not wanting to put on much makeup, I put on the bare minimum which is just mascara. When I'm ready I walk out of the bathroom, grabbing my phone, wallet, and pepper spray, knowing that wherever Camela is, there might be some bad people. Even though I'm a fighter, not everyone needs to know that. Plus they could have a weapon of their own and I don't want to stick around to find out what it is. Before I leave, I pull on a pair of black combat boots. Grabbing the keys to my Jeep, I walk out of my house and lock the front door, since it's still early as heck. As I get into my Jeep, starting it up, I check my phone one last time before driving to her location.

By the time I find Camela it's already quarter to five, so I pick her up and drive home in silence. When we get home we go inside quietly and I take her to my room. Giving her the usual instructions, I go back downstairs and eat breakfast. When I finish breakfast, it's already five-thirty. Swiftly cleaning up my mess, I feed Jet and go back to my room to grab my gym bag since I don't have school until eight o'clock. Heading back downstairs, I grab my Jeep keys and walk outside, locking the front door like usual. Once I get in my Jeep, I put the key in the ignition, starting her up and leaving. It's a quiet drive to the gym as I think about everything. Trees blur past me and the music hums at a low volume. As much as I hate waking up early, it's always peaceful at this time with nothing to worry about except getting where I'm going.

When I get to the gym it's six o'clock. I'm currently in the shower at the gym washing off the sweat I built up during my workout. By the time I get out of the shower, it's time to go to school, so I leave and get in my Jeep, driving towards school. Shortly enough, I get to school and park my Jeep in its usual spot. Casually I get out and walk towards the place I call school cause I learn so much. On my way, I get a vibration on my phone signaling a text so I look down to check it, immediately bumping into someone. Do people not watch where they're going?

"Watch where you're going, princess," they say. So when I look up to see Blaze, my eyes immediately roll and I sidestep him, before continuing on my way. As I reach the stairs that lead up to the school, I check my phone again and once again, bump into someone, but this time I start falling down the stairs. Preparing for the impact I close my eyes and cross my arms because at this point what else am I going to do. Except I don't feel the impact, so I open my eyes and look up. There stands Jaden, Ashton's best friend. Quickly I stand up to get out of his arms and look up at him which isn't much since he is most likely 6'1".

"Thanks for catching me," I say, making him shrug.

"No problem," he replies. As I turn around getting ready to walk away an arm grabs my arm, stopping me. But of course, being the girl I am, I think fast and grab their arm, twisting it slightly. Horrified by my reflexes, I look up and see it's Jaden, I immediately drop his arm.

"I am so sorry!" I exclaim. He shrugs but winces slightly in response. Instinctively I bite my lip from nerves. "It was just a reflex."

"Well good to know your reflexes are on point," he states with a pained smile.

"I really am sorry. Are you going to be okay?" I ask, causing him to nod. "Did you need to ask me something?"

"Uh yeah, I just wanted to ask what your name was," he replies. An 'o' shape forms with my mouth before answering.

"I'm Emmaline," I respond sweetly, immediately regretting it, because I get a pain in my head from acting sweet.

"I'm-" he starts, but I cut him off.

"Jaden. I'm pretty sure everyone knows your name," I finish. He is about to say something before the bell cuts him off. "Well, I'll see you around!" I yell while jogging off to class. The late bell rings right as I get to class, so I quickly make my way to my spot in the back, kicking whoever is in my seat out.

Walking into the cafeteria, I grab my usual chips and salad before heading over to my usual table to sit down by myself and start eating. Talking in the cafeteria buzzes in the air, so I grab my Beats headphones from my bag with my phone to listen to music while I eat. My fingers start lightly tapping on the table with the beat blasting in my ears until I feel a tap on my shoulder. When I look up, standing there is the one and only Jaden. Confused about why he's here, I take out my headphones and lay them on my neck, the music still quietly playing into my ears.

"Hey," I greet. "Need something?"

"No, just wanted to talk," he answers casually which makes me raise an eyebrow.

"You do know that no one ever sits at my table, literally," I point out, he nods and sits down.

"So how has your day been so far?" he asks, making me shrug in response.

"Like usual, boring. Just trying to make it throughout the day without falling asleep in class. I mean, I'd rather stay out of detention," I answer. He chuckles lightly at that.

"Oh, so the so-called "bad girl" doesn't like detention?" he teases, so I laugh.

"Sometimes, getting detention isn't that bad*ss, I mean, unless you're doing something totally bad. Like... Worse than fighting, bad," I say trying to think of anything that could be considered bad*ss.

"Well, I'll have you know, fighting can be bad, especially when it's illegal street fighting," he blurts casually. My eyes slightly widen at the mere suggestion of illegal fighting. He must have caught it because soon his expression turns to worry and curiosity. "Do you not like street fighting or something?"

"Uh... Uh... No, I just have a bad experience with it," I stutter, clearly handling this in the best way possible.

"Well, Axel says it's not that bad. He is obsessed with this one fighter... Uh... What's her name... Oh ya! The Unstoppable!" he nearly shouts. My eyes widen a fraction, but he doesn't seem to catch it this time.

"Who's she?" I try to ask casually, playing with my headphones laying on my shoulders.

"Just this awesome streetfighter that hasn't lost a single fight!" he exclaims, making me laugh a little at his excitement.

"Ya... Axel is obsessed," I playfully roll my eyes, he smiles that pretty smile of his and I look away. My phone sitting on the table lights up and I notice the time, starting to pick up my things. "I gotta go. I guess I'll see you later." He stands up with me.

"Ya, I guess I see you around," he responds. Before walking away, I smile at him once more, throwing a 'bye' over my shoulder.

When school gets out, I make sure I have all my homework before leaving. Within seconds I'm in my Jeep and driving out of the parking lot making my way home. I hate having to wait around as everyone tries to leave at once. Once I get home, I do some homework before taking a shower. After my shower, I change into a black cropped tee shirt with black sweats. I quickly pull on my all-black Jordans with some black socks before grabbing my gym bag, water bottle, and shorts getting ready to leave. Going downstairs, I say a brief goodbye to my dad and leave the house. Soon enough I'm on my motorcycle, pulling out of the driveway and heading to the dance studio.