Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The next morning, I wake up in the guest bed. I stretch out, and remember all the memories from last night. I push the thoughts away. I get out of the bed, and pull on a sweatshirt; since I sleep in a sports bra, and shorts. What? I get really hot at night. I leave the room, and go to the kitchen. 

I smell an aroma of bacon, and pancakes; and instantly my bad-morning mood washes away. I reach the kitchen, and see Kim going away on breakfast. 

"Good morning, Kim," I greet warmly. She glances at me with a bright smile on her face.

"Morning Emma," she replies while flipping a pancake. "Want some breakfast?" she asks. I smile while nodding. She places a couple pancakes on a plate, and a few pieces of bacon. Ashton walks into the room. He grabs pancakes and bacon, and sits down beside me at the counter. 

"Morning Ma," he grumbles. I snicker under my breath, causing him to look at me. 

"Morning Ash! Did you sleep well?" she greets brightly. He scoffs, and sighs at his mom's eagerness.

"Yeah," he answers vaguely. She chuckles at his morning mood. She looks at the time, and squeals. 

"I'm gonna be late!" she exclaims, and rushes to putting dishes in the sink. I get up, and help. "Oh, thank you Emmaline!" she thanks, while leaving to grab her stuff. I giggle at her state, and Ashton looks at me weirdly. 

"Did you just giggle?" he asks with a smirk. I look at him, and smirk.

"What? I'm a girl. It happens," I state. Kim rushes in, kissing Ashton on his forehead, and giving me a quick hug.

"Okay kids, I'll see you guys later, you have a half hour 'til school. Be good!" she says while leaving. I toss a 'goodbye' her way, and go to the guest room to get ready. 

I enter the room, and change into a white t-shirt, black skirt, and a black leather jacket. It's entering the colder days, so I'm cherishing my skirts and shorts; but also wearing a cozy jacket. I brush my hair, and keep it down. Then, I do my makeup and add a dark, red lipstick; plus fake eyelashes for fun. I pull on laced-up, black booted, heels, and go to the front entrance; after brushing my teeth, of course. I pass by Ashton room, and hear him talking to someone. I ignore that, grab my motorcycle keys, and school bag; and leave. 

I swing my leg over my bike, and start on my way to school. When I reach school, I park my bike and hide into the building. I take in a long, slow breath; preparing myself for the hell known as school. I head to my locker, and grab the text books I'll be needing. As I close my locker, Axel appears next to me. I look at him with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Yes?" I ask him, as I start walking toward my first class. He walks alongside me.

"Last night was crazy," he starts off with, "Yet I don't know which is crazier. The fact you said no to your father, or the fact that you left your house AND your father." 

I chuckle when he emphasizes 'and'. I glance at him and she him smiling slightly.

"You know, I say 'no' to my father a lot, but I have yet to leave the house from an argument," I explain. He nods.

"So the fight was that bad. Honestly I thought you would be back by midnight, but my mum told me that you haven't gone back yet," he says. I laugh lightly.

"Well, I'm not going back 'til he either apologizes, or I have to," I state. He nods with a chuckle. The bell rings, and he leaves with a 'see ya'. I walk into my first class, and settle down for a long day. 

It comes to lunch, and I sit down at my regular table. I got an apple, granola bar, and water for lunch today. I put one earbud in my ear, as the boys sit down in their spots; except Ashton doesn't appear on my side. I look at the guys with a confused look, and they all shrug. Leon appears next to me, and sits down; getting too close for comfort.