Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Once it's quarter to three, I get up and shut the tv off. I check my appearance and make sure I'm all good. I get everything together, and check twice. A couple minutes before three and Mason arrives. I walk out the door, and walk over to his car. I get in his car and smile.

"Hi," he greets with a smile.

"Hi," I reply.

"Are you ready?" he asks. I nod. He starts up his car, and starts driving. At first it's silent, but not an awkward silence.

"So, where are we going first?" I ask. He keeps his eyes on the road, and replies.

"I was thinking we could get dinner first, and have an early dinner," he answers. I nod.

"That's okay with me, I only had chips for lunch," I explain. He chuckles.

"Why?" he asks, looking at me as we stop at a stoplight. I shrug.

"Didn't want to waste my dinner, I guess," I answer. He nods, and looks back at the road. We continue driving, and it's quiet for the rest of the way. I don't mind, since it isn't an awkward silence. I stare out the window, and soon enough we stop. I look at the building before us, and smile. The building looks homey, and doesn't look like a fancy restaurant. Which is a good thing, since I didn't wear anything fancy.

Before I can get out, Mason is already opening my door for me. I smile up at him in appreciation. I get out, and finally look at what he is wearing. He's wearing a white tee, dark blue jeans, and his letterman jacket. Overall, he's cute.

We walk into the little diner, and a preppy, middle aged woman walks up to us with a warm smile.

"Follow me," she's says, and starts walking. We stop at a booth, and she places menus down. We sit down, and she starts talking. "I will be your waitress for the night. What would you like to start off with?"

I look down at my menu, and decide to just get a simple water.

"I would like a water, please."

"Make that two," Mason adds. The waitress leaves, and I look back at the menu. My eyes glide over all the choices, and I decide to just have a chicken salad. I'm not trying to stay fit, but I have fighting, and dancing; so I have to make sure I'm not making any bad choices. The waitress comes back with our water, and places them down.

"Have you chosen what you would like to eat tonight?" she asks politely. I smile up at her, and look at Mason. He catches my gaze, and gives me a questioning look asking if I'm ready. I nod, and he places his order. Which is, not very surprisingly, a cheese burger with a side of fries. I look up at the waitress, and she looks down at me expectantly.

"I will just take a chicken salad."

She nods, and puts it down, before walking off to the direction of the kitchen; I'm guessing.

"That's all you're getting?" Mason asks. I look at him and shrug.

"I've been dancing lately, so I have to stay fit. Plus, I was planning on getting a desert," I explain. He smirks.

"Good, but we aren't getting the deserts here," he looks at me with a sly smile. I roll my eyes, but a smile creeps on to my face. I break the gaze, and look around the restaurant; finally getting a look of the inside.

It's nothing fancy. It has black and white tiled floors, and the walls are a light blue. The lights are slightly dimmer, considering it's night time and people don't want to be complaining about the bright lights. There aren't too many more people in here other than us, and it looks like you can get your meal to go if you ordered earlier. Overall, it's a nice, small, and cozy place.