I opened the gate which creaked loudly because the metal was rusted. The gate had vines all over which made it look kinda pretty regardless of its degrading state.

"I thought by the time you come, I would be a mother of ten kids." Sam rolled her eyes. She walked towards her car and got in.

"Oh please, make that twenty because I know what kind of a woman you are." I retorted sassily and she smirked. "You know me so well." And she licked her lips trying to act sexy.

I snorted at her failed attempt making her stick her tongue out at me.

"So, where are we going?" I asked changing the channel of the radio.

A crappy music was playing so I was searching for a bomb ass song.

"Shopping." Sammy said in a duh tone.

"No shit, Sherlock." I said and I heard Sammy's favourite song on the radio.

I settled with that and turned the volume up. Bon bon by Esra Istrefi.

"My song." Sam screeched like a dying walrus and started belting out the lyrics.

I gave her a bored look and she turned towards me. "What?" She asked innocently.

"Seriously, do you even know what you are singing? And more over, are your words even correct?" I asked her finding it amusing.

"Song is not about lyrics or correct words. It's about connection or that feeling you get when you hear it." She answered sassily.

"And what feeling might that be?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You know, when you hear a song it just feels so..." She tried to explain. "unrealistically real?"

I snorted at that. "Yeah and you get that 'feeling' when you don't even know what she is singing? Wow." I smiled sarcastically at her.

"You won't get it." She rolled her eyes and continued belting out the lyrics.

I liked the song but it was just that I don't understand what she was singing.

"Okay. So where are we going exactly?" I asked when the song ended and the other song came up, Hotline bling by Drake.

"My sister's shop. She said she have a dress for us." She smiled widely and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

Sam's mother died when she was only one years old and she lost her dad when she was 15 years old leaving her and her older sister orphaned. Sam's sister Mary was a 23 years old who looked after her and she have her own clothing store which she opened with the money their father left for them.

***

We reached Mary's store and saw the closed sign. It was only 4pm. Sam knocked on the glass door and we saw Mary coming towards the door to open it.

"Where are the dresses?" Sam directly cut to the chase jumping on her heels excitedly. Mary and I rolled her eyes at her.

"Hello Mary." I grinned hugging her and she greeted, hugging me back. She treated me like her own sister and I treated her like one too.

"Enough of this lovey dovey, the dress." Sam stomped her foot annoyed at us.

"It's at-"

"If it isn't my annoying to be sister-in-law." All our heads turned towards the voice and we saw Marcus standing there.

Marcus Nelson was a handsome African-American man. Light brown skin, strong jawline and cheekbones where I could even cut my fingers, ocean blue eyes that shines brighter than the sun, height that could touch the sky.