2: Red.

I entered into the kitchen of the Giselle Kinston mansion through the back door like I always did. I saw my mum working, I slowly crept up to her from the back, trying to scare her.

The other maids present there saw what I was doing, I motioned them to keep quite and they smiled but quickly schooled their expression when my mum looked at them.

"Gotcha." Mum squealed and jumped a little when I held her shoulders from behind.

Everyone started laughing at her scared face and she turned around to scold me, like she always did when I do that.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" Mum said slapping my hand.

I shrugged grinning widely. "I lost count and also your reaction is always the same so it never gets old."

She shook her head and got back to work that was chopping the vegetables but her smile didn't go unnoticed by me.

"Why are you here so early from work?" I asked her casually, planting my ass on the counter beside her chopping board.

"The shop closed down early today. They said they had to go somewhere." Mum muttered chopping the vegetables.

I nodded my head and mumbled. "Hmm."

My mum worked in a small book shop that was ten minutes away from our house. She does a day shift that was from 10am- 4pm. The owner of the shop was an old couple, Mr and Mrs. Goodwill and they treated my mum as their own daughter and me as their own granddaughter.

After mum come back from her work, she start to work at the mansion without any break.

The wicked Kinston witches.

"How are Mr. and Mrs. Goodwill?" I asked trying to help her with the vegetables.

"They are fine and don't touch this. This is not your work to do." Mum said pushing me away from the counter.

"Let me at least help you." I insisted.

"No, you don't need to do this. Go and do something else." Mum shooed me and I huffed at her stubbornness.

"I don't have anything else to do."

"Go and hang out with Sammy or something." Mum said absentmindedly as she put the chopped vegetables in a bowl and got to another task that was heating the pan to make whatever she was to.

At the mention of Sam, I remembered something. I smacked my head at my forgetfulness. "Oh yeah." I mumbled.

"Sam and I are going for shopping for the party I told you about." I said more to myself than to my mum.

The party was today and it was Sam's genius idea to go shopping today and as she quote 'I've got it all covered'.

"That's good. When?" Mum asked. "Jamie, you make this dish. I will make a coffee for Giselle, it's her coffee time." Mum said to Jamie pointing at the pan. Jamie was one of the maid.

Jamie nodded walking around the counter and took mum's place while mum walked around and towards the coffee maker.

"She will be here in..." I looked down at my wrist watch and gasped. "Now." I heard a car honk from a distant. It was a faint noise but i heard it.

"You better go." Mum chuckled. "Before she have your head."

"Okay, I gotta go. Bye everyone." I yelled running out of the kitchen through the back door.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I passed my house and towards the small gate. I saw Sammy standing outside the gate, her car behind her which was a Honda.