33

NEIL POV :

"What do you mean she is not talking ?" Its been 7 f*cking days..a whole week !

"What do you think it means ? Its simple she has locked herself in her room and avoiding me and Max and almost everyone else." Mikhail yelled back.

Its been a whole week since that damn courtroom drama and Maya has refused to talk to anyone of us, not even Drew.

I sighed agitatedly, why my life is so complicated ? I looked at Mikhail who looks worse than me, his guilt is eating him up I can see that but we knew we never had any better solution.

Damon never came back after first day hearing, I think he understood pretty well that we hit the masterstroke and their was no chance of his victory.
On the second day of hearing jury made the decision in our favour since we were married in their eyes but they were still doubtful of whether our marriage is real genuine or not, so they have given us three months as a time period where they will keep a watch on our relationship and after assigned months they will do some test don't ask me what type of test I am myself not aware of it, so as I was saying they'll test our marriage and if they find it fake they'll null and void it in werewolf court and punish us as well.

I am not worried about me or the punishment, I am worried more about Maya. I don't know what's going on in her head, she has said nothing... nothing at all. Honestly I wasn't able to gather courage to face her but Mikhail and Max tried, they tried real hard to make her understand but she never gave them any chance, she just avoided them saying she needs time. I honestly has never seen any girl like her, usually girls should be screaming, accusing, throwing things here and there and most of all balling their eyes out during these type of circumstances but she...she again as always has surprised me. She is not reacting at all.

"What do you think we should do now ?" I hate to admit this but  Mikhail knows Maya better than me.

"I don't know man I really don't know." He said helplessly.

We both sat back lethargically with our beer cans.

"Neil Can I ask you something ?" Mikhail asked hesitantly. I raised my eyebrow at him

"What is it Mikhail ?"

"Umm...I was wondering..Are you gonna force Maya to this marriage because if your are planning to do so Moon Goddess save me I am gonna kick you-"

"Whoa Man...relax. I am not planning anything like that. So take a chill pill." I cut him in between. I can never think of harming her not in any way.

Mikhail relaxed and looked down
"I don't know man, we messed up big time."

"I agree"

We both sat in silence listening to one another heartbeats and clock's tick tocking. After some time I broke the silence I had to tell to him

"I got a call from council this morning."

"What for ?"

"They were enquiring as to why me and Maya are not living together ?"

Mikhail tensed "What ! How come they came to know about it so soon?"

I gave him Are you kidding look ? I mean seriously... they are council and we are under watch, did he forgot ? He understood what I meant and rolled his eyes

"Well...What did you say ?"

"I told them that she is still not well and wants to stay with you guys since you and Max are more aware of her past medical history."