7

Neil POV :

I am back to my so called home from my training after three months. Full moon festival has just started I can hear people talking and their laughter but I am really not in the mood to attend it. Good thing is no one knows I am back so I can easily skip it. I opened the door of my room and nothing has changed its still the same. My room is the place where I never want to be. It always reminds me of her.It reminds me that I'm a loser, a pathetic mate, that I am incomplete and I have to live my life like this only. Man...I hate you Moon Goddess. Why you did this to me ?

After taking a hot bath I moved towards the window and removed the curtains to get a view of backyard where full moon festival is going on. The moment I removed the curtains cool breeze hit me and it felt wonderful. I was admiring my pack festival and people over there when suddenly smell of oranges hit my nose. It was a fruity smell like oranges and lemons but at the same time very refreshing and relaxing. It was very fade but still present in the air.

"Are these people making too much fruit punch or orange juice? Weird !!" I thought to myself. Instead of smelling other dishes I am smelling fruits. I think I am officially going crazy.

My pack, I am ruling over them from around four years now. We are one of the world's strongest pack the credit goes to my grandfather and grandmother ,they were the best Alpha and Luna we can have. Even today when my grandmother is no more alive but still my grandfather plays vital role in the pack, he is like our backbone. His intelligence and cleverness is unbeatable.My father and mother carried their legacy very well.

Same expectations were from me and my mate but she destroyed it. She not only destroyed me but also my family and my pack. Because of her I have become so ruthless and cold toward others. I can not trust anyone other than me. If I will be friendly and kind to people I am sure eventually they will hurt me like the same way she did.

From last 1.5 years I am living in hell. I have cut off myself from my family. They keep on trying to console me, talk to me but I am not weak and I don't need their sympathy.

When I started to act rough and hard on myself and my pack members my brother and father tried to make me understand that I am choosing a wrong path but I ignored them eventually both of them along with other family members gave up.

I never purposely harm my people but yes I am not very kind and benevolent to them anymore which I used to be so they were initially surprised with my sudden change of behavior but now they understand that Forgiving and Forgetting is not present in my dictionary , if they do something wrong and break rule they will be punished. This obviously made me out of my people's good book but my pack is more disciplined and strong now.

My wolf Will has stopped talking to me around a year ago. He didn't agree with the decisions and ways which I adopted for my living after her. Will was very fun loving and jolly kind of wolf. As an alpha he was very strong and supportive for his pack. So obviously when my cruel human personality and his generous wolf personality clashed things were not going to be smooth. It was the most toughest war that took place between me and my wolf but at the end my human side won.

He tried many times to make me understand that what I am doing with my family,pack and myself is not correct. I should not change myself to some heartless guy. That hatred will lead me nowhere. But each time I shut him off as a result now he has stopped talking to me. Somewhere I know he is full of anger and will return with full on bang on me but I am hardly concerned.

I accept the fact that I miss him but he was weak who still after getting betrayed by her and our fate wants to be polite to people. No way...its not possible... they can be happy because they can have many reasons but I am not a saint and I am not going to pretend to be happy in their happiness. I lost my mate my other half how can someone expect me to be happy and cheerful. I can't do it infact I shouldn't do it. Pain and Darkness has been decided for me by Moon Goddess and I am going to accept it but you know what FATE you want to see me crying and begging on my knees  news flash its not gonna happen I will be as hard as rock. I promise I will never cry and will never be a lost case thats my promise to you. From now on its a fight between you and me, till now you were the winner you decided everything from now on I will create my own path.