30

MAYA POV :

"Maya come in my cabin in 5 minutes for lunch Max and me are waiting for you." Mikh said sneaking his head through half open door.

"Yeah..Yeah.. Why don't you guys start I'll join you in like.... 10 minutes." I said looking at my watch. Suddenly I heard footsteps and my file folder was closed forcefully by a not so happy looking Mikh. I looked at him demanding an explanation.

"What's with you Maya ? Care to explain !" He spoke folding his hand below his chest to look more intimidating. Good thing is now I can  easily tell when he is really angry and when he is trying to look angry so I did what I am best in doing changing the topic.

"Okay fine I'll come for food..Jesus...so much drama just for food." I stood up and moved towards the door hoping him to follow me but when I didn't hear any footsteps behind I turned around.
Mikh was still rooted to his place glaring daggers at me. I sighed there is no way I can skip his topic for long.

"What do you want Mikh ?"

May be on listening my tired tone his strict facial features melted. He made me sit on chair and bend down on his knees in front of me.

"I want you to not run away from your problems Maya. Avoiding them or by not talking about them will not make them disappear in air Sweety.

I know something happened between you and Neil and I understand that you don't want to tell me everything but you have to keep in mind that you means alot to me and Max and we can not see you like this."

"I am fine Mikh." I whined in between because literally I felt like a little girl getting scold for stealing cookie.

"Yeah.. We can see that....getting up early in morning, coming directly to office, going back and practicing spells and chants in backyard till dinner and then repeating same process again. This is so much fine." He taunted.

I closely analyzed his face he looked worried tensed all because of me. Why I always give him pain unintentionally !? I squeezed his palms tightly. "I am scared Mikh... I am scared."

"Scared of what May ?"

" He wants me back Mikh and I can't do that I...I am just..I am...Aaahh..its difficult to explain you."

"I can understand May. But you know what talk to him. I only knew about him what you told us earlier but now from what I have learnt about him I can tell you that he's a changed man.
I don't know what is the cause of recent rift between you two but from past few days he looks disastrous, I have seen him so many times outside your cabin just staring at your door blankly like he is not able to gather courage to face you."

My eyes widened on this new piece of information. I removed my hand from his grisp and stood near the window looking at distant sun

"I know Mikh he is trying I can see that."

"Then what is stopping you !? Is it about earlier he rejected you ?" He came and stood behind me.

"Are you seriously that dumb or today is some special day ? You don't know why I am doing this ?" I said agitatedly.

He looked confused first but then his eyes twinkled with realization.

"Ohh...Okay I got it. Sometimes I actually act stupid.I am sorry."

I smiled at him." Its okay. You don't have to sorry." We both returned back watching outside scenary.

"Umm.." He cleared his throat. I looked at him and raised my eyebrow
"Do you wanna say something ?"
He nodded his head and I gestured him to continue.