10

From last night I am only crying and crying. Neil is my mate but its pretty obvious he does not want me...me.... his mate. From the day I came to know about the existence of werewolves 'Mates' is the term which I always dreamt of. But now when I do have a mate and he does not want me...how am gonna live accepting the fate that I am Unwanted.

I was interrupted by sudden knock on door. I quickly wiped my face and allowed the person to come in. Mrs Blaire and Drew came in with sympathy and concern in their eyes. Mrs Blaire sat beside me along with Drew. I have to be strong....strong Maya...you are strong.

"What's wrong dear, your eyes are all read ?" Mrs Blaire asked.

"Um...Nothing Mrs Blaire...its just I lost my both jobs so I am worried about it." I said not exactly lying. I am crying because of Neil but yes I lost my jobs as well.

"You are a very good actor Maya. You know ?" Drew said placing a finger on my chin and raising it to meet her eyes.

"What are you talking about ?" I continued my acting.

"Cut the crap Maya....you are Neil mate and everyone knows it. So stop acting like you know nothing." Drew yelled at me.

I was shocked. How everyone knows ? Their was only me, Neil and his mother when he made that confession to his mother. Maybe werewolves super hearing ability but Drew told me once that all family members private bedrooms and offices are soundproof. Right ?

I decided to say nothing. Its useless he has already made his mind.

"You know dear from day one I always liked you. And from I don't know when I have wished a mate for Neil.I still remember when Crystal predicted that he is not going to have any mate in future, I was shattered. I wanted my baby boy to be happy, which is not possible for any male werewolf without his other half, his mate. I am glad Moon Goddess decided you to be his other half, you are perfect for him. I am so happy." Mrs Blaire murmured.

I looked at her with tears in my eyes. She is really a very sweet and caring person. But doesn't she remembered what Neil said to her ?

I moved my gaze from her to my hands in my lap.
"Thanks Mrs Blaire but I don't think he likes me. I wonder why he doesn't want a mate ?"

"Dear...Neil was never like this, he was once a very fun loving and caring guy but you know...um..something happened in his past and he transformed completely." Mrs Blaire said sadly. Her face looked pained and lost in some distant memory.

Now this is some new information.
"What happened in his past ?" Words slipped my mouth without any thinking. Mrs Blair and Drew faces fell.

"Maya this is something which you need to find out. I mean we all know about that but it will be better if he tells you himself about it." Drew said.

These people are making me more confuse. What is that which these people are hiding ? Neil is hiding ? What happened that changed him upto this extent.

"Maya I know I am being selfish and I agree I am when it comes to my children. Please don't give up on my son. I know he acted stupid and assh*le from last few days. But believe me deep inside he is full of emotions. You are only hope of our family who can give us back our old Neil. Because no one can effect him as much as his mate." Mrs Blaire pleaded. She almost started crying.

I quickly wiped away her tears. She is my elder she should not cry especially because of me.
"Mrs Blaire I am sorry but please don't cry. This is after such a long time someone is asking something from me. I promise you I will try my best to make him realize of his mistake. And whatever you said about his past I will try to heal it, if I can. " I whispered the last part so that no one can hear it.