32

Maya looked at her reflection one last time before leaving the room. Its required to dress more like a lady in front of council members so women mostly choose skirts or dresses but she wore a simple black sleeveless maxi dress. Its upper half was black and white and lower completely black. She is more a denim girl than dresses and her second best option could be maxi dresses, atleast they could cover her hideous body according to her.

Since she has to pretend sick and mute she decided to wear no makeup at all.

"May you ready ?" Mikhail barged in her room in a hurry. When he looked at her he stopped. His intense gaze made Maya conscious.

"Is something wrong Mikh ?" She asked checking herself again in mirror regretting her decision of not wearing any makeup, maybe she is not looking presentable enough.

"No..Nothing Maya. You are looking beautiful as always. Black suits you." Mikh answered trying to be strong but internally he was shaking like a dead tree fallen from branch. Many thoughts were running through his mind. After what will happen today is Maya going to be same with him like before ? Will she be able to bypass all his faults and understand the real reason behind it ? Max already blames him, Is Maya going to do the same ? And most importantly will she be able to look at him with same love and adoration with which she sees him now ?

"I know, its my favorite color." Maya smiled which brought a smile at Mikh's face.

"I know Princess, Come here."

Maya obediently placed her hand in Mikh's waiting hand. He made her sit on bed side and sat beside him all the way holding her hand gently.

"Maya you know what you have to do, Right ?" Maya nodded.

"I have to act like I can not speak for the time being and if they ask anything...answer them in yes or no that too by motioning by my head only. If I don't know what to say or I am confused I have to look at you for your signal."

Mikh smiled at how childish she behaves sometimes. He couldn't imagine his life without her innocence. Maya's brows furrowed in confusion.

"Did I say something wrong ?"

"No..you are so cute sometimes." Mikh said pinching her cheeks which made her blush but smile too at the compliment.

"There is something which I want to tell you."

Maya noticed how Mikhail's body tensed, his posture stiffened and voice became serious.

"Maya me and Max we both love you. Its true that you almost filled the gap of Lily in our hearts but I am sure you know we never considered you as her substitute we loved you for what you are, for your personality and we mean it."

When Mikh saw her not responding he continued

"We love you like our own sister May and we both can go to any level to save you from any harm."