The vampire food(16)

I look at her in disbelief at what's just come out of her mouth, Charlotte killed a Vampire and she's been let of, no consequences , like her whole life.
Later on we have dinner it's like a huge restaurant and there's special people cooking up huge big lumps of steak and it looks like really good food. They toss the meat into a big pan for about five seconds , take it out and put it on a plate it's raw like, I don't even think its even warm. But that's the way they like it, and I'm cool with that. I see Vellasette sitting with a few vampires in the corner. She's eating the same as everyone else apart from some vampires who chose different foods of the menu , like pasta and potatos. But most were eating raw meat. Vellasette beckoned me to sit with her. So me and Zelvena quickly walked along the red carpet and up a step to the corner she was eating at.
"So glad you could join us Holly!"she smiled and shuffled over so there was room for everyone around the table.
"It all looks lovely Vellasette" I remembered she had asked me to call her that rather then your majesty , perhaps she wanted to be like the others. She didn't want to be made to feel superior.
"Yes dear, this is a vampires dinner. Obviously I shan't force you to eat the meat I know many humans are fond of it but it's probably under cooked for your liking." She continued to speak with enthusiasm as if my presence was essential , she seemed so happy to just have me here. And that felt nice, to be wanted.
So I shook my head politely
"Yep, im afraid it's a tiny bit raw for me"
"Please , please choose something you'd like, anything" and she handed me a menu. So I scanned through it I saw things such as
Mild spiced mint lamb
Tomato infused curry with a side of tiger bread
Fresh panini toasted with hints of paprika
Etc etc it was all so elaborate and I was worried whatever I chose would be a bad choice but then finally beat the end I saw Jacket potato , with cheese. Thank goodness because honestly the herb coveted toast was probably the next best thing.
"I'll have the jacket potato with cheese please" I smiled politely , she returned the smile
"I'm guessing our Vampire delicacies aren't your thing?"
I giggled a little but shook my head
"They do sound delicious Though!"
She laughed again and pretended to whisper "even I wouldn't try the cinnamon prawns with tomato butter"
We all laughed for a while and enjoyed dinner. It was the first proper dinner I'd had in a while and honestly probably the best in my life the potato was so soft and buttery and the cheese oozed over every inch of my meal. The lettuce by the side was crunchy and sweet and even the tomatoes where surprisingly delicious.
I thanked everyone as did Zelvena and soon we were back in our room. We flopped onto our beds to let are stomachs settle.
"That was so good!" I smile and Zelevena turns her head ,
"Welcome to Darkveil , told you we aren't all about eating blood for breakfast lunch and tea."
We laugh again for a little
Soon the sun slowly sets and it's not dark outside the moons glowing and I'm still talking to Zelvena.
"So it's really gunna happen? The Charlotte thing"
"Yep, Tomorrow"
The chat slowly fades and by now we are both in our pyjamas but Zelvenas weren't quite what I expected , judging by her black lace outfit in the daytime I expected quite formal looking black pyjamas but she wasn't she was dressed in a white top with white shirts with black stars all over , where I was just with a faded grey cosy T shirt and shorts. She looked sweet , I looked like a disaster but oh well.

When we awoke the next day the sun was beaming through the curtains even though they were closed . It closed up the room and I rubbed my eyes. Zelvena was awake but not up and dressed . Not long after we were both ready she was dressed in a black vest top with a thick leather jacket and black ripped jeans to match she threw on her tough leather boots and turned her head to me , just casual me.
"You ready?"
"You make it seem like an action movie were we are going to kick some serious butt" I smile
"We are.... Charlottes butt to be exact" she flickered her pearly white fangs that struck down like daggers I knew Charlotte was going to be ripped to shreds like paper. And I didn't know how I felt about it.